SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone have bedding/sheet set recommendations?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have bedding/sheet set recommendations? Login/Join 
Team Apathy
posted
My wife is tired of sheets they degrade relatively quickly and get scratchy/not soft. I’ve got $300 to spend on it, whether they is a couple sets or one real nice one, perhaps. Would probably prefer two sets for that price so they can be alternated while be washed.

Any leads? I don’t think they have what she wants at Walmart.

Posts: 6381 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brooklinen. Pricey but worth it.

Posts: 17279 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm weird, but I find that I don't like ultra high thread count sheets as much as medium thread count sheets.

For example, some of my favorite sheets are these: https://www.amazon.com/Brielle...arcoal/dp/B07STGH4X1

On paper, they're only 300 thread count. But in practice, they're better and softer than many of the much more expensive and much higher thread count sheets I've used. Plus they last longer.

Posts: 32553 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Just this morning ordered two sets for Mrs. PHPaul from LLBean. Full size (vs. Queen or King) was right at $300 for two sets.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15271 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
believe it or not we are enjoying the sheets by mr. lindell.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5062 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I think our current set is Threshold from Target.
Comfortable, and more importantly doesn't get hot.
We bought a couple sets which slows degradation.

Had a set of stretchy jersey-ish that we didn't like, got too tangled & they pull hair (legs mostly).

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15373 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

ThumperFBC, I see you are in Modesto, CA

I suggest you take your wife to the Tuesday Morning store in Vintage Faire:
3250 Dale Road, Suite C
Modesto, CA 95356

Tuesday Morning is a store that buys out inventory from other places that are going out of business, from manufactures that are not meeting sales goals, etc...

They carry a lot of quality bedding and sheets from different manufactures at good prices.

She can feel the fabric before you buy..

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
We've been extremely pleased with Feather & Stitch. Fitted sheets have durable elastic all around and not just corners. Pillow cases have fold over fabric to completely seal pillows in the cases. Crisp and soft still after many washings but not wrinkle free if that's an issue.
We order direct from the manufacturer (cheaper...prices aren't bad at all) but the shipment is delivered by Amazon.

https://www.featherstitchny.co...ustomer_notification

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16253 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the tips fellas. I see 'the internet' agrees with several of the brands mentioned in this thread. Will probably end up trying a few different ones since the budget will support it. If she really ends up liking the Threshsold from Target that would be great too.

Brooklinen is much cheaper direct than on Amazon, in case anybody was wondering.

quote:
Originally posted by sleepla8er:

ThumperFBC, I see you are in Modesto, CA

I suggest you take your wife to the Tuesday Morning store in Vintage Faire:
3250 Dale Road, Suite C
Modesto, CA 95356

Tuesday Morning is a store that buys out inventory from other places that are going out of business, from manufactures that are not meeting sales goals, etc...

They carry a lot of quality bedding and sheets from different manufactures at good prices.

She can feel the fabric before you buy..

Thanks for the tip! That is right next to Trader Joe's which we visit every single week. This will be a Christmas gift for her but I bet I can find lots of good stuff in there for her.

Posts: 6381 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Costco store brand. They seem to last us a good 5-6 years. Comfortable as well.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10956 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe I'm weird, but I find that I don't like ultra high thread count sheets as much as medium thread count sheets.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What does your dog think? Does he agree?

Posts: 17279 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I've been impressed with Casper sheets. I especially like their fitted sheet design which has a robust elastic, gripping edge around the entire perimeter that keeps it from slipping around on the bed.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10496 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
quote:
Originally posted by sleepla8er:

You're welcome!

When you visit Tuesday Morning, keep in mind that most of their stock does not repeat. If you find what you like for the price you like, buy it as it might not be there again. In San Diego, there is more than one store and I find this to be true where one location has something that the other store never gets...

Prices are usually very good when you compare the same item online or at other places.

To be honest, I agree with RogueJSK in that there are high-thread count sheet sets that I do not like the feel of, this is why bedding isn't something I look for online unless its to replace something I already own and trying to find an exact duplicate.

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cliff did a thread on this awhile back.
But you have to search for it
Some good info there

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54695 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
We've had great luck with these Costco sheets and they are not expensive. Comfortable, wash well, heavy duty, fit well. All the right features.
Even if you're not a member, these make it worth the cost by themselves. We don't live near one so I buy most stuff online and get the free shipping for a low minimum purchase amount.
I was expecting to pay in the hundreds to get sheet sets that met our expectations and these are a fraction of that price. Our bed is a California King so that makes them on the upper end of the price too.
The first set is over a year old now and has help up very well so we bought several more for future use.

https://www.costco.com/kirklan...oduct.100511905.html

Some sizes or colors are out of stock so I'd try these too.

https://www.costco.com/.product.4000099225.html

Posts: 9545 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I am super happy with the my pillow sheets. They are far and away the best sheets for me, down here in s florida. very cool.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5135 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
What does your dog think? Does he agree?

He doesn't have an opinion, since he doesn't get to sleep in the sheets, just on top of the comforter.

Posts: 32553 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update.

Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I've purchased sets from Amazon, Costco, Pottery Barn, and Crate and Barrel, Costco was by far the best option for my taste. And for what it's worth, Costco sheets were like 30% of the cost of PB or C&B.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9698 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Costco has good quality sheets and good prices, same for pillows as well.

Posts: 23576 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post