SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Irish jokes you may have heard...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Irish jokes you may have heard... Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted
There was a power failure in a Dublin Department Store last week and three hundred people were stranded on the escalators for more than two hours.

“O’Leary, your glass is empty, will you be having another one?"
"And what would I be doing with two empty glasses?” O’Leary replied.

Young Teresa came home with some dreadful news. “I’m pregnant” she cries."
“And how do you know it’s yours?” shouts her father.

PADDY: “Hey Shaun, what’s Mick’s surname?”
SHAUN: “Mick who?”

PADDY: “If you can guess how many Pheasants I’ve got in me bag you can have both of them”.
SHAUN: "Three."

Mrs Murphy said: I don’t tink me husband has been faithful to me”.
“Why’s that?” said Mrs O’Toole.
"Me last child don’t look anything like him”.

Mrs O’Toole said: “I can only tell you this bit of scandal once, because I promised Mrs O’Leary I would never repeat it”.

Shaun and Molly sat up all night, on their honeymoon, waiting for their conjugal relations to arrive.

Murphy had a rope hanging from a tree in his garden. Shamus asked him what it was for.
“It’s me weather guide” said Murphy, “If it’s swinging back and forth, it’s windy and if it’s wet, its been raining".

Murphy was told by the Doctor he had two weeks to live, so he chose the last week in July and the first week in August.

Colleen dropped a Euro coin, intending it to fall into the blind man’s hat on the pavement, but missed, as quick as a flash he scooped it up and put it in the hat. “You’re not blind” she said.
“No I’m not” said Paddy, “Its Murphy whose blind, I’m just filling in for him while he’s gone to the pictures”.

“We’re looking for a Treasurer for the Xmas fund”, said Paddy.
“Didn’t you take on a new one last month?” said Murphy.
“That’s the one we’re looking for”, Paddy replied.

Father O’Flaherty asked Mrs O’Reilly how many children she had. Four was the reply. “That’s a good Catholic woman you are, and when will you be having the next?" he asked.
“I’m not Father”, she replied. “I read that every fifth child born in the world is Chinese”.

The Dublin pensioners club go on a mystery tour every Wednesday and to make it interesting they have a sweep to guess where they are going. Shamus, the coach driver, has won five weeks on the trot.

tac

Posts: 11334 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I had no heard all of them, enjoyed the lot!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
Smile

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1490 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Hard to say if those are actual jokes or just quotes from real life.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
God invented whiskey to prevent the Irish from ruling the world.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Change a couple words in most Aggie joke true stories, and you'd have an endless supply of Irish jokes Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23306 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33845 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
As you may or may not know, over here in Glasgow and in Berlin we are hosting the European Games - outdoor stuff in Glasgow and track and field in the Olympic Stadium Berlin.

As ever there will be people trying to gatecrash, and this trio of Irishmen were no exception. However, one of the three was canny enough to realise that the only way they'd get in the back way was by pretending to be competitors. So after a bit of looking around the local stadium improvement building site, they were ready to try their luck with a steward guarding the back gate.

Liam, the biggest, was carrying a scaffolding pole over his shoulder. 'What do you want?' - asked the gate steward, 'I need to get in the stadium, I'm a pole vaulter.' Okay,' said the steward, 'In ya go'.

Seán was next, carrying a manhole cover. 'What are YOU participating in? - asked the steward. 'Discus', said Seán, showing the manhole cover. 'In ya go, then'.

Last of all of Fergal, carrying a roll of barbed wire over his shoulder. 'And exactly what sport are YOU doing?', asked the steward looking at him with a distrusting glare, 'Fencing', replied Fergal.

tac

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tacfoley,

Posts: 11334 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tagged for future reference - Thanks guys

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
hmmmm. Confused I know Shaun and I don't think he ever said those things.
Sincerely, Wishfull O'Thinker.

Posts: 6403 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post