SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Inflation and pumpkin prices
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inflation and pumpkin prices Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted
The HEB Central Market grocery store next door is offering “prize winner pumpkins” at the bargain price of $69.95. I can’t tell if they’re moving any units.

[/url]

For myself, I’m not sufficiently insecure to pay that much for a designer pumpkin so I can one-up my neighbors. Maybe if it weighed 150lbs or something I’d consider it.

Anybody else seen pumpkins that astronomically priced this year?

Posts: 26934 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prize winner is a variety of pumpkin and has been around for 20+ years - we grew them when I was a kid, I graduated in 2000.

That's likely a misprinted label for 6.99.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If them pumpkins got any prize in a beauty contest, it was a participation award.

Posts: 886 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well many millenials cannot do math.

Posts: 17258 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
For many of the denizens of this neighborhood, expense is no object. They sell a lot of fancy stuff at Central Market. Bamboo fiber and sugar cane fiber facial tissue. Bamboo fiber toilet paper. Goat milch yogurt.

Maybe a $70 pumpkin seems reasonable.

Posts: 26934 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post