SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sigforum doctors - Lisinopril throat tickle?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum doctors - Lisinopril throat tickle? Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I have been taking a low dose (5mg) of Lisinopril for a couple of years now with no side effects.

Posts: 13715 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Been taking 20mg/day for 20 years. Get the tickle occasionally.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16133 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
I was at my Pulmonoligist last week and she asked me if it's was making me cough. It isn't and hasn't. So I came home and looked up the side eeffcts and coughing was one of them listed but. I do not recall tickling in the throat being one . Anyway I would speak to my Dr. about it.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Several years back when I had an issue with elevated BP (don't have that now, but that's a different story) I tried Lisinopril and yes, I had cough issues. I was constantly clearing my throat and would occasionally hack up some phlegm. It annoyed the hell out of my wife. Stopped taking the med and cough went away.

I had other issues with Lisinopril. The most serious was extremely low BP when doing any sort of cardio exercise or work. Like a drop to 90/40~. I'm glad I no longer need that nasty drug.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
I had the throat tickle with lisinopril, so my doctor switched me to losartan and amlodipine combo. That put a quick end to the annoying throat tickle.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3356 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Yup, throat tickle / cough. I just live with it. Maybe suck on a cough drop an hour or so before bed time.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Patients who have a cough from an ACE (angiotensin converting enzyme) inhibitor are often changed to a different medication called an ARB, which stands for Angiotensin Receptor Blocker. It doesn't cause a cough, and usually doesn't cause the swelling that ACE inhibitor patients sometimes experience.

Posts: 4558 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
I've been on the pril for a good six years now and I've never had the throat tickle.

Allergies maybe?

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7651 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Ask for the BP RX w/ codine! Works great! Wink

Seriously, I also have been taking it for years. If it was an issued to begin with, it has long since subsided.

Posts: 1850 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vicariously Tactical
Picture of Mike729
posted Hide Post
Been on it for a couple of years, no side effects.

Posts: 1715 | Location: Tallahassee | Registered: August 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Yes my dr told me to contact her if I begin to get a throat tickle...so contact your Dr

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4889 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been taking Lisinopril for over five years now. No side effects.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I've just started taking Lisinopril in the last 6 weeks or so it has given me cough. When I looked up the side effects the first on the list was a cough.

For now I'm putting up with it, happily it only happens once a day or so.

Posts: 3865 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Been on 20mg/day for about a decade with no issues.

Posts: 9253 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Lisinopril gave me a cough. I had to change meds. All of the -pril drugs have a cough as a possible side effect.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was on it for a year until I woke up in the middle of the night with my tongue swelling. I took some benadryl and headed for the ER. They thought it was from the lisinopril and put me on losartan. Fortunately I have had no problems since.

Posts: 605 | Location: NW Pa. USA | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
It works well except for the side effects. I had the throat tickle and constant cough. I didn't stick with it.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'DitchDoctor911's post is right on!!!
I had the same reaction (angioedema) 10 years ago after using lisinopril for 6+ years. The entire face swelled up to the point I could not see/talk and could hardly breath, so the wife drove me to ER. First question in ER, are on lisinopril, response; yes. They took care of the problem ASAP. Great people.

Advice: Those using lisinopril, keep a Benadryl near by as 'Tankeryanker' advised, and get med attention ASAP. Make sure all med records indicate you are allergic to lisinopril as well as a card in the wallet.

Take care...

Posts: 8 | Location: KATW | Registered: August 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post