SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    80% Done with eating out in restaurants
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

80% Done with eating out in restaurants Login/Join 
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Never mind that the portions are too large. Make it a healthy portion and the price would go down, but we can't have that...people eating somewhat healthy. I eat 6 times a day.

For me it has been just the opposite . I often quit going to places that think we should only weigh 90 lbs.
Seems like the higher the price the smaller the portion.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4137 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those of you in IL now have another reason to eat at home:

https://qctimes.com/business/p...source=home-trending

Patrons of Illinois bars and restaurants must now wear face coverings

Robert Connelly
Aug 25, 2020 Updated 14 hrs ago

Illinois restaurant and bar patrons will be required to wear face coverings when interacting with workers at those establishments.

That COVID-19 mitigation effort is being launched Wednesday after being announced Tuesday by Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker.

“Based on a recent increase in cases, these latest guidelines will require patrons to wear a mask during any interaction with wait staff, food service workers and other employees at bars and restaurants,” a Tuesday afternoon news release stated. “Face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth when patrons are approached and served by staff, including but not limited to when employees take patrons orders, deliver food and beverages, and service tables.”

The new guideline also goes into effect Wednesday for indoor recreational facilities, museums and entertainment venues.

In the news release announcing the change, Sam Toia, president/CEO of the Illinois Restaurant Association, said the use of face coverings "will protect both diners and team members during this critical time. If we want to stay on a steady path with reopening, it is up to every individual to work collectively toward this common goal."

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Bad fat. The #1 reason I don't do restaurants or take out. Seed oils, vegetable oils are cheap and come in gallon discount tins. You think they're going to sping for olive oil? Not the seed oil mixed with olive oil, but real olive oil. Even butter is good. McDonalds used to use beef tallow to make their fries. Now it takes a hazmat suit to remove the oil residue from the cooking vents.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post