SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you have a valid passport?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you have a valid passport? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
None for me. I wouldnt mind having one, but the cost seems too high. I think that once you are verified as an American citizen, a US passport should be free. But I would be good with $25 or so, too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15991 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes, renewed last jan.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I renewed beginning of pandemic. Got the card too.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Yes, got it in 2014 for a family trip to Germany so I'm good until 2024.

I've used it a few times since then, mainly work trips to Mexico but I'll need it in a few weeks when I go to the Dominican Republic with a team from work.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I use mine when flying domestic...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Passport card. Might want to disappear for a few years. Road trip to Alaska. Or cross the northern border during VT NH ME explorations. Applied June 2020, got the card about 8 weeks later.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Nope. My military passport expired when I retired, never saw the need to have one.

My idea of "exotic travel" is my semi-annual trip from Maine to Michigan and back.

Even if I had the urge to travel overseas (unlikely in the extreme) it would be a no-go due to expense and security concerns.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15176 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Yes, we frequently travel to Taiwan to visit my wife's family. I also love visiting Europe when I have the opportunity.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7052 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Yes, my wife and two college age children have Passports and have since they were young children. I have traveled out of the country for work but it is rare. I do travel a lot by air as in 4-5 flights per week during normal non-Covid times. My family also travels by air frequently, so we all have real id and KTNs for Pre-check. While we don’t have any plans to leave the country, I enjoy the comfort of having multiple forms of valid travel ID stashed in different places should I lose my luggage or wallet.

Posts: 2929 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Yes.

Both Sweden and Australia were way different from what I was expecting, in a good way. Denmark was amazing too.

When the world returns to normal I really want to visit Vietnam and Japan. Before the plague I wanted to see the forbidden city and the Great Wall but I don’t think that’s ever going to happen now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21056 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Yes, need them to get to Spain, Italy, Greece and Germany when the Plandemic is over

Posts: 5291 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I have one, but it's expired.

I do have a valid Passport Card though, much easier to carry around as you can put it in your wallet.

Not valid for most foreign countries, but it is good for Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda, which is enough for me.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Mine expired several years ago and never bothered to renew it. I have nowhere to go anyway, and nothing to do when I get there.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I've been on a passport since I was about ten months old, and then got my own at age ten. I have citizenship in three countries, and even in the Army for 33 years I never them lapse.

Living in UK for the most part means that you HAVE to have a passport to go anywhere. Especially now that the UK is not in the EU.

Posts: 11303 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Yes.
Got a real id when they first came out in FL.
Got the passport right before it became required to enter Canada. Renewed it earlier this year and ordered the card with it. I've thought about getting global entry but i don't fly internationally enough tomake it worth it.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3836 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have one and renewed it.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Nope, never had one.
Just used a DL when me and the wife went to Mexico as few times but it has been several years since we were there.
I wouldn't go there now for anything.

Posts: 22845 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
Yes I do.

Posts: 1550 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Absolutely, because the scuba diving, while pretty good here, is both warmer and better other places that aren't the US.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
Absolutely, because the scuba diving, while pretty good here, is both warmer and better other places that aren't the US.

I used to be a NAUI Assistant Instructor and agree completely.

The Caribbean for coral and the Pacific for fish.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post