SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A new Chick-fil-A opened near me
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A new Chick-fil-A opened near me Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Only a 15 minute walk from my home. I’m looking forward to some good eating there.

Nine months of construction that began with the demolition of a restaurant previously on the site: “The Islands”, a nice bar and grill that was a COVID Fauci casualty.

They’ll have to sell a gazillion meals to recover the construction cost. I hope that they do well.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9410 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Only one location has ever closed.
The original site in a mall.
Greenbriar Mall is a shithole.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39860 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The average stand alone Chick-fil-A takes in about 9.2 million dollars a year.

I think yours will do okay.

Posts: 9384 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

They’ll have to sell a gazillion meals to recover the construction cost.

Near as I can tell, each location is a printing press for money. Vast, deep-fried pools of money.

Posts: 2516 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
We ended up with one with in a couple hours. Did the drive thru and it was barely ok I thought. I expected better. Maybe I will give it another try at some point. Just did a sandwich and fries.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19674 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
There are YouTube videos on how to franchise one. Buy in capital is relatively low at $10,000, that’s much less than other franchises. Their gross income is higher, very impressive considering they’re not open 7 days a week. But they are also quite selective in who they allow to franchise. They’re not going to canibalize their own stores like Subway.

Posts: 13280 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
We ended up with one with in a couple hours. Did the drive thru and it was barely ok I thought. I expected better.

Expectations shouldn't have been that high. It's not fine dining... It's still just fast food.

Slightly higher quality fast food, with significantly better than average service for a fast food place. But fast food nonetheless.

I don't eat fast food, but I will very rarely (1x/year or so) make an exception for Chick Fil A.

Posts: 32992 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Make that two. The one in Apopka FL closed. A new one opened nearby. I haven't been to the new one yet.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31341 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
They're building one a few blocks from me as well. Can't wait. Already downloaded the app. Supposedly in Fall.

Getting a Benihana, too.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16825 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
One of my neighbors, a lib, refuses to eat at Chick-fil-A because, he says, “they’re impolite to black folks.”

That’s nonsense, and he knows it. His real objection is that Chick-fil-A doesn’t open on Sundays so that their employees can observe the sabbath. But he doesn’t want to say that.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9410 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
One of my neighbors, a lib, refuses to eat at Chick-fil-A because, he says, “they’re impolite to black folks.”

That’s nonsense, and he knows it. His real objection is that Chick-fil-A doesn’t open on Sundays so that their employees can observe the sabbath. But he doesn’t want to say that.

Invite him to lunch and bring him a CFL Deluxe LOL

One near us closed, because the location was problematic for traffic and parking, they bought out a large commercial property across the street and built a massive high speed location.

Posts: 24165 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
If my local Chick-fil-A were within a 15-minute walk from the house, I'd both eat there more often AND lose some weight. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13824 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Be prepared for long lines when it first opens. People go nuts the first few months. Sometimes, local LEOs need to direct traffic at lunchtime when a location first opens.

BTW, my opinion of CFA:
  • Best of the best in terms of polite, friendly service
  • Good chance the owner is on premises as CFA only allow a 2nd location in rare circumstances. It's one reason they have standards unlike the competition who allow corps to have dozens or hundreds of locations.
  • lunch and dinner is above average taste wise for fast food
  • breakfast is their best meal. I like their chicken breakfast burrito, and their biscuit with egg and cheese.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23624 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Oriental Redneck
    Picture of 12131
    posted Hide Post
    They are obviously better than dog food at McD, but CFA stuff is average at best. Nothing to write home about.

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

I ate at the CFA location in Greenbrier Mall a couple of times as a kid, a loooooong time ago.

My local CFA is closed for renovation. I was surprised when it was announced, because it was constantly busy every open hour. It already has 2 drive-thru lanes, and really no room for another. Hopefully it will have an efficient seating arrangement. JMHO.

Posts: 515 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Edmond:
    There are YouTube videos on how to franchise one. Buy in capital is relatively low at $10,000, that’s much less than other franchises. Their gross income is higher, very impressive considering they’re not open 7 days a week. But they are also quite selective in who they allow to franchise. They’re not going to canibalize their own stores like Subway.
    You don't just buy a franchise and sit back and make money . The owner is required to work a lot of hours . They want you to invest more than just money .

Posts: 4234 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

My buddy's ex wife refused to eat there because "they want gay people to die". It's amazing how delusional people can be.

Posts: 748 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by KDR:
    quote:

My buddy's ex wife refused to eat there because "they want gay people to die". It's amazing how delusional people can be.
    It shows you how easy people can be manipulated . Scary ..

Posts: 4234 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Looking at life
    thru a windshield
    Picture of fischtown7
    posted Hide Post
    I live in Chik-fil-A country, I had a house about 2 miles from Truett Cathy's house. I used to see him and his wife eating Chinese at the place I used to frequent and he would always respond when I said Hello. I remember the old Dwarf house up by the airport.

They are opening a new style of restaurant in Stockbridge/Mcdonough, its a two story drive thru restaurant. And considering how all the normal ones have huge drive thru lines, this should be a winner.

Posts: 3745 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Mistake Not...
    Picture of Loswsmith
    posted Hide Post
    Chick(k)-fil-A is the In-N-Out Burger of chicken sandwiches. Super clean, polite, reliable. It's not getting a Michelin star or anything but its very good for quick service and the app makes lines a thing of the past.

My only complaint is I wish the fries weren't waffle, although that's probably for the best since I don't order them then.

And speaking of fries, this is the ONE and ONLY thing MacDonalds regularly does right.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 2058 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post