SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A new Chick-fil-A opened near me
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A new Chick-fil-A opened near me Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
They built an in-house CFA to-go only, at my previous employer. I retired, I am sure it is still there.
I am guessing it cost them $2MM+ to raze the 30+ year old food area and build CFA new. It took them 9 months longer than promised.
I had to limit myself to once every other week for their chicken sandwiches.
CFA was 178 steps from my desk.
Billy

Posts: 287 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: December 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Only one location has ever closed.
The original site in a mall.
Greenbriar Mall is a shithole.

I think the second site opened was at Southlake Mall and it is gone too.

Posts: 3813 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
There are YouTube videos on how to franchise one. Buy in capital is relatively low at $10,000, that’s much less than other franchises. Their gross income is higher, very impressive considering they’re not open 7 days a week. But they are also quite selective in who they allow to franchise. They’re not going to canibalize their own stores like Subway.

The caveat is the owner (if selected, CFA likes traditional family-run operations) is required to be on-site overseeing the operations, has to go through a multi-month training course, only one location per region/area (can't saturate a region like a corp franchisee) and 15% of gross sales goes to CFA, along with 50% of pre-tax profit.

Posts: 15109 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I took my boys fishing with their grandfather and afterwards we went to the local CFA and they have it down to a science, it's almost scary how fast and efficient they are.

They built a covered, two-lane drive through staffed with people on iPads who take your order right there and you pay right there then and I'm not shitting you we drove around to the pickup window a minute later and they had the order ready to go.

Compare that to BK who has a couple employees inside playing grab-ass and could care less that there's 17 cars in the drive-thru sitting there for 15 minutes not moving.

Posts: 34728 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p113565:
They built an in-house CFA to-go only, at my previous employer. I retired, I am sure it is still there.

My university had (likely still has) a small CFA in the student union. You couldn't use your cafeteria meal plan there, but they did take student currency (Razorbucks) as well as normal payments.

Posts: 33151 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
They are obviously better than dog food at McD, but CFA stuff is average at best. Nothing to write home about.

It's nothing fantastic, but it is clean, fresh and pretty good compared to other fast food joints.

Don't eat a lot of FF anymore, grandkids love CFA and McD's so we do get to spend money at both.

Posts: 24395 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
The CFA near me basically prints money. They bulldozed the whole thing and rebuilt it. Only think I miss about the old one was it was one of the "Dwarf Houses" and on weekend they had breakfast buffet that was not to shabby.

I'd ALWAYS eat my body weight in nuggies.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by p113565:

My university had (likely still has) a small CFA in the student union. You couldn't use your cafeteria meal plan there, but they did take student currency (Razorbucks) as well as normal payments.

USC had one at the student union while I was there and it was the best thing about the school. They served breakfast from 10pm - midnight. Nothing better than a chicken biscuit and tator totts at 11 pm. I miss midnight breakfast at chic-fil-a so bad.

Posts: 752 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post