SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DeSantis has been BUSY today!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DeSantis has been BUSY today! Login/Join 
Picture of FLKev
posted
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...1059d351d14ed7&ei=49

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed multiple transphobic bills into law, including a ban on gender-affirming care for minors, restrictions on such care for adults, a ban on all-ages drag shows, and an anti-trans bathroom bill.

It's hard for me to decide to take such a firm stance on all this LGBTQ+ stuff. I lived in Cali for 16yrs and got a bit soft on it. You are trained to do so almost daily if you live there.

I have several gay people in my family that I love dearly. I don't know how it feels to feel trapped in a body that you don't align with. Is it a mental illness? Most gay people I know do have a life altering event that took place when they were young. Divorce of parents, absent parent, pedo did things to them. It seems there is always something that happened which makes me wonder is it psychological? Why would anyone choose such a hard path for themselves to live if it weren't necessary in their mind? Most say it is biological but???

Regardless, DeSantis is NOT having any of that shit in good ol' Florida!

"It's gon' be some slow singing -n- flower bringing............ if my burglar alarm starts ringing"

Posts: 552 | Location: GATORLAND | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
"Transphobic bills"? Roll Eyes

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FLKev:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...1059d351d14ed7&ei=49

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed multiple transphobic bills into law, including a ban on gender-affirming care for minors, restrictions on such care for adults, a ban on all-ages drag shows, and an anti-trans bathroom bill.

It's hard for me to decide to take such a firm stance on all this LGBTQ+ stuff. I lived in Cali for 16yrs and got a bit soft on it. You are trained to do so almost daily if you live there.

I have several gay people in my family that I love dearly. I don't know how it feels to feel trapped in a body that you don't align with. Is it a mental illness? Most gay people I know do have a life altering event that took place when they were young. Divorce of parents, absent parent, pedo did things to them. It seems there is always something that happened which makes me wonder is it psychological? Why would anyone choose such a hard path for themselves to live if it weren't necessary in their mind? Most say it is biological but???

Regardless, DeSantis is NOT having any of that shit in good ol' Florida!

Not all gay people are on the side of trans people. I know a couple who 100% think it’s a mental illness and don’t think LGB should even be listed with the other alphabets. They feel that being gay is a preference and thinking you are something you are not is something entirely different.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
They feel that being gay is a preference and thinking you are something you are not is something entirely different.

1000 times this.
If someone wants to go have sex with some other consenting adult of the same gender - great. Go nuts. I don't care.
I'm not going to celebrate it (wtf gay pride month?) - but I don't care.

If someone wants me to pretend that they're not what they are?
That's a hard no from me.
If you have two X chromosomes, you're female/woman.
If you have an X and a Y, you're male/man.

End of fucking story.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: creslin,

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
“ Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) spewed misinformation on Wednesday while signing multiple transphobic bills into law, including a ban on gender-affirming care for minors…”

Typical horse shit from the MSM. Opinion disguised as news reporting.

Posts: 26851 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
My take? The people that do t like it can get the fuck out of Florida. And I support that 100%.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
“ Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) spewed misinformation on Wednesday while signing multiple transphobic bills into law, including a ban on gender-affirming care for minors…”

Typical horse shit from the MSM. Opinion disguised as news reporting.

It really is bothering me a lot these days. This propaganda is everywhere now in mainstream media. And it is propaganda. Say something enough times and people will believe it. It pervades every aspect being reported on, whether it be political, science, medical, or culture.

It is stated with certitude, which leads most people to assume it is true. In this situation people will just accept that he was spewing misinformation of some sort (notice the negative connotation of the word "spewing"), and that the bills are in fact transphobic (meaning irrationally fearful).

Posts: 9399 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
If you have two Y chromosomes, you're female/woman.

Sorry for being pedantic, but XX is a woman. Y is the male sex chromosome. Your point was clear regardless.

- Bret

Posts: 2461 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:

End of fucking story.

Well see, now I don’t know how to tell you this but if you’ve ever wondered why it’s hard to understand women you might want to start here.

Any human you see with two Y chromosomes is indeed a boy.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6251 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
lolol my bad on getting them reversed.
I'll edit/correct

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
My wife's family lives in Florida and she wants to move there to be close to them. Her mother is quite elderly. She's down there right now, visiting.

If I move from here, Florida is where I'll end up, though I grew up on the Gulf Coast and I have had three lifetimes of semi-tropical weather. She tells me that's why air conditioning was invented.

Still, I would like to stay here, but it's nice to know that I may end up in a state with a government that still makes sense and it seems like Florida will be the last to go insane. Of course the stories about "Florida Man" and all the highly colorful characters and the just plain nutso people in Florida abound, but I think this stuff is overblown. Everywhere you go these days, you'll encounter crazies.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FLKev
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
My wife's family lives in Florida and she wants to move there to be close to them. Her mother is quite elderly. She's down there right now, visiting.

If I move from here, Florida is where I'll end up, though I grew up on the Gulf Coast and I have had three lifetimes of semi-tropical weather. She tells me that's why air conditioning was invented.

Still, I would like to stay here, but it's nice to know that I may end up in a state with a government that still makes sense and it seems like Florida will be the last to go insane. Of course the stories about "Florida Man" and all the highly colorful characters and the just plain nutso people in Florida abound, but I think this stuff is overblown. Everywhere you go these days, you'll encounter crazies.

Yeah, it’s funny how people always ask me why I left Cali for Florida where all the crazies are. I just laugh. The crazies are everywhere if you frequent the crazy part of town. Haven’t seen any crazies around my home or business and I’ve lived in VA, CA, FL, PA and NC. Crazy makes the news and people just assume based on that. It’s actually still pretty nice here and the Gulf is even better. St Joes beach is AWESOME!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FLKev,

"It's gon' be some slow singing -n- flower bringing............ if my burglar alarm starts ringing"

Posts: 552 | Location: GATORLAND | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have several gay people in my family that I love dearly. I don't know how it feels to feel trapped in a body that you don't align with. Is it a mental illness?

Even though they have been lumped together in a continually growing letter string of super minorities Gay and Trans are two VERY VERY different things.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25353 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:

Say what?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I applaud the efforts that DeSantis has been making to promote sanity in this world full of crazy people that believe if you think you are something different than what you actually are it becomes truth. If he keeps up at this rate he may catch up to the changes of laws that our Governor here in Iowa has been doing for some time now, albeit she is not setting herself up to run for the Presidency so has been much more discreet and not plastering it all over national news. Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds has been signing into law very common sense laws to prevent such travesties to children. We already have the weirdos threatening to move to Minnesota where such things are supported. All I can say is don't let the door at our Northern border hit you in the ass on your way out. Good riddance.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2872 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sadlerbw:
quote:

Sorry for being pedantic, but XX is a woman. Y is the male sex chromosome. Your point was clear regardless.

- Bret

Yeah, pretty sure creslin meant two X chromosomes = woman. But, he probably was pissed, so he wrote "two Y". Lol.

quote:

Normal human chromosomes are either 46,XX (female) or 46,XY (male). A chromosome anomaly with 46,YY does not exist, however. What exists is an anomaly with an extra Y chromosome, resulting in 47,XYY. The person with 47,XYY is indeed a male, with typical male genital/physical development.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

End of fucking story.

Any human you see with two Y chromosomes is indeed a boy gigachad.
Fixed that for you.

Posts: 706 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FLKev
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

I have several gay people in my family that I love dearly. I don't know how it feels to feel trapped in a body that you don't align with. Is it a mental illness?

Even though they have been lumped together in a continually growing letter string of super minorities Gay and Trans are two VERY VERY different things.

AGREE 100%!

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
How long before Trans people declare Florida as the 'Trans murder & genocide' capital of the world?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are plenty of them still here. What is really odd are the men who dress like women, but insist on growing out a beard. You see all kinds of insane stuff in downtown St. Petersburg.

Posts: 706 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post