SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Memorial for a pet
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Memorial for a pet Login/Join 
posted
Anybody familiar with a place or places that can provide small headstones for pets? Must have the ability to engrave the pet’s name to add to pre-engraved phrases at a minimum, or alternatively to custom engrave an entire customer-selected phrase as the optimum. Something like a granite or marble block, for example, but not cement or concrete since those wouldn’t withstand freeze/thaw cycles over the years. Thanks.

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I do not know of any personally. But the Google shows this.

Pet headstones

(I typically do not hit any of the listings marked "[]bAd[/b]" or "top listings", rather go to individual websites below.)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Sigmonkey link looks good, since those outlets specialize in pet memorials

Any Monument Maker should do that, check around your area, look for pet cremation locations, they may sell them.

A funeral home or cemetery or combo may sell them but you want a maker, They could do whatever you need on a stone, they are not inexpensive though.

Not sure where you are in NE Indiana but I googled Monument Makers Ft Wayne IN

Found Allen County Wearly Monuments, Hicks Monuments, Birkmeier & Sons Monuments, all listed as makers.

Link

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I've had many granite headstones made over the years through a local monument company. 1' x 6" inscribed headstone cost $75, takes about 3-4 months to make.

Only thing, lettering is tight due the size of the granite block. If you want something different, there are many, many pet memorial companies listed on the internet.

Just read the descriptions very carefully before placing your order.

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
Slight drift but we received as a gift a Pet Memorial 3D Photo Tower Crystal Keepsake - About the $70 range. I was very skeptical at first and now it is my most favorite piece to put a spark back into my day.

Posts: 493 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RGRacing:
Slight drift but we received as a gift a Pet Memorial 3D Photo Tower Crystal Keepsake - About the $70 range. I was very skeptical at first and now it is my most favorite piece to put a spark back into my day.

I like that, a lot. I really do. Not for me, but for a friend who lost his hearing-dog to a hit-and-run driver, as they negotiated a cross-walk in town.

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RGRacing:
A link to one vendor supplying these should anyone wish to pursue and order (besides me).

Pet Memorial 3D Tower Crystal

For a grave marker, I used these folks for my hounds, and they were great. The granite markers look every bit as good today as they did 7 years ago.

Pet Memory Shop

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bigdeal,

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the granite memory shop link Bigdeal. Your crystal link also leads to the memory shop; might want to correct that one. Appreciate everyones suggestions.

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
I see you are in NE Indiana. This guy lives about 1.5 miles form me and does nice work. We are about 20 minutes from Fremont, IN

Jarsa & Company

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:
Your crystal link also leads to the memory shop; might want to correct that one.
Thanks for the heads up. I fixed the errant link.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I was interested enough after seeing that link here for the crystal memorial to go there and look. Was thinking about getting one, went through my pictures to find a good one, screen got blurry...closed that site down. Can't do it.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a lady to engrave one for me off the Etsy web site and it arrived 2 days later.

Make it count

Posts: 1411 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: November 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post