SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Top Countries by Oil Production
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top Countries by Oil Production Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tatortodd for the details. The Delaware basin and the basin below it are all tight oil?

Glad to hear the refineries being converted to process sweet crude. Read that WTI is being discounted compared to Brent, and even some fields in west Texas selling even more discounted sweet crude was because of pipeline bottlenecks to deliver these crude either to refineries or transport hubs.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
Thanks Tatortodd for the details. The Delaware basin and the basin below it are all tight oil?
Bone Spring is the upper reservoir portion of the Delaware Basin and it's a horizontal unconventional play.

Wolfcamp Shale is the lower reservoir. It's an unconventional horizontal play.

I am not a reservoir engineer or driller. My Upstream experience (My O&G career is kind of unusual in that I've worked Upstream, Midstream, and Downstream) was building out the infrastructure for the drillers and production as well as managing design, fabrication, and installation of surface facilities for production. I'm not currently in Upstream so I don't have a drilling engineer or superintendent with billion dollar budgets down the hall to ask questions like I used to when I lived in Alaska. Bigboreshooter and a few other Sigforumites are many orders of magnitude more knowledgeable than I am in sub-surface O&G.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
In fact, the furthest south refinery in PADD 1 is in Delaware City, Delaware.

And as a matter of fact, we just sailed out of there about an hour ago. Pumped off our load of crude and are heading back down to get more.

I will say this though, PES closing the Philadelphia refinery due to that fire last June was a real kick in the balls. She was putting out over 330,000 barrels a day. My understanding though is that most of that slack will be made up elsewhere without much of a hiccup. Some of that though is from overseas I believe.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post