SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is there a map app that traces a specific road?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a map app that traces a specific road? Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
For instance, is there a relatively hassle-free way to trace the entire length of US 202?

Thinking about a road trip, don't really want to do the "auto-pilot on the super slab" thing for the entire trip.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15207 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I use google and drag the route where I want it. Found a new cool way to my sisters house Sunday this way. Through field and dale.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Google maps is still the best app.

Set your start and end points. Add other destinations in between. Rearrange the destinations in the order you want to hit them. Grab the marked route with your cursor and drag it over the road you want to take and Maps will reroute. Save the map for future use and later editing. Print the directions, the directions with maps, or the direction with maps and visual depictions of the turns.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Might I respectfully disagree.

Waze is the finest nav app ever created. It's user updated. So this means that as fellow users, and there are a boatload, are running the app you recieve real-time updates. Construction zones, traffic, pot hole, red light cameras, police, accidents etc.

Additionally, you have the ability to update the map yourself in the edit mode whereby you can create/roads, edit and update them, indicate parking lots etc.

https://youtu.be/HVksbb1Z4SQ

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post