SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can you identify this found item?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can you identify this found item? Login/Join 
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
A mold (Brit. mould) used in the food industry? To form depressions in Jello, then filled with chocolate and fruit? The tapered handle with grab rings leads me away from a finial, the copper/brass reminds me of chocolate industry tools and vessels.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Pudding tamper. Used to insure tapioca pudding is well packed into the wooden kegs it's shipped in.

Posts: 26943 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanner:
Some type of pinecone finial from a fence post/lamp post/curtain rod?

That's my guess. The flange on the bottom tells me it fits into a flat surface.

Posts: 7076 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
Why is there a sticker remnant on the handle part?

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a Finial master.

this was pressed in to a medium to ,make mold, that other stuff, ( plaster, concrete, some kind of mud)
would be poured in to to make fancy schmancy finials for walls or exterior brick buildings.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
jello mold, close but no cigar
http://www.alleewillis.com/blo...ello-molds_05151.jpg
Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54705 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
a Finial master.

this was pressed in to a medium to ,make mold, that other stuff, ( plaster, concrete, some kind of mud)
would be poured in to to make fancy schmancy finials for walls or exterior brick buildings.

https://www.houzz.com/product/...w3rQW9RoCplQQAvD_BwE
I'm going to go with this one.

Posts: 45394 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
A sex toy for someone who is really brave.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wreckless:
Why is there a sticker remnant on the handle part?
Either it was found with the sticker on it or the finder marked it for future reference. You see, when someone gives you permission to search their property the found items are technically theirs. It's an unwritten rule but many metal detector guys will keep books of found items for people to claim.

Posts: 45394 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post