SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2023/2024 Ford Bronco owners what do you think?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2023/2024 Ford Bronco owners what do you think? Login/Join 
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted
I had asked back in the beginning of the month about anyone owning any of the Hyundai's and what you thought. After your help and more research we have decided to move away from Hyundai.

At the time we also looked at the Ford Bronco models and after some research and a test drive we are looking the Bronco Sport model.
I have been reading some of the reviews on the internet and see they had some issues back in 2021 and 2022.
I was looking for any input you could give as to if you own one what do you think.

We have also looked at the Ford Escape and were wondering the same, however, my wife really likes the Bronco and if we bought one this would be here main car to commute to work in.

We are currently driving a Toyota Rav4 and like it however most of the Toyota dealers have no inventory and their attitude is, take what we have that is priced over MSRP or take nothing, or if you wanted to order something it could take months from when you decided what you wanted.
We have not completely given up on Toyota but we are looking for some options.

Thanks

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2573 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I recently got a 2020 Ford Escape CPO. Seems just fine so far.

Understood, you are asking about the Bronco Sport, which is "kissing cousin" to the Escape. They share much of the same running gear (as does the Maverick). The Escape was my second choice, there were no comparable Bronco Sport CPO's available, and Maverick was out of the question; dealer said that they are all sold before they hit the lot.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30702 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’m a Ford guy; we just bought a new F150, my 5th new F150 and my 6th new Ford truck (one Super Duty). That said, my wife sent me a couple videos of crash tests of the Bronco and other vehicles in its size/price class. Pretty scary. You might want to do a search for the videos before pulling the trigger on one.

The Ford Explorer did great, Ford pickups do very well. Jeep Wrangler does well…

Posts: 13283 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Coworker showed me one of there with the big Bronco, series of different SUVs backed up to a concrete wall then hit head on with a dump truck.
The Bronco taco'd in the middle. The Ram TRX had its bed destroyed.

Odd test, but Eek

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15347 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SET is horrible to deal with. They always stick you with a bunch of BS port addons
Check with Eastern Shore Toyota They are a distribution lot across the panhandle

GST is better

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6234 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For what's its worth, I got my last Toyota at Earl Stewart Toyota in Florida.
And I live in Virginia.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had a Lincoln Corsair ( fancy Escape) for three years and never had an issue. It drove nice, got great mileage, seats were super comfortable.

Posts: 425 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Escape or Bronco are good vehicles, we have had two MKC Lincolns, both luxury derivatives of the Escape platform, both performed without issue, in fact we bought the 2019 MKC off the lease we had on it. Wife really likes it's size, easy to park, not like sticking a Suburban or Tahoe sized vehicle into a Wal-Mart shopping lot.

I believe the small Bronco is based on that platform, so the drive train system is proven.

Posts: 23504 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I believe the small Bronco is based on that platform, so the drive train system is proven.

But, all trims of the Bronco Sport get the 1.5l [180hp] 3 cylinder EcoBoost engine.
Only the Badlands trim gets the 2.0l [245hp] 4 cylinder EcoBoost

If that matters to the shopper.

I like it, but didn't like that the only way to get an upper-spec Badlands was to get brown/orange interior, which I didn't care for.
The Maverick was the same until the 23MY which added a black pkg option, but required some other changes along with it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15347 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the information everyone.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2573 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Escape <snip> I believe the small Bronco is based on that platform, so the drive train system is proven.
Correct. I recently got a 2020 Escape CPO. I would have preferred the Bronco Sport that you're talking about, but could not find a CPO with the options that I wanted, so I wound up with the Escape AWD 2.0L.

In the past, I flew one client's airplane that was equipped with HUD (Heads Up Display) and it was fantastic. This Escape has HUD and that has really spoiled me. The basic essential information projected in line of sight, no need to look away from the windshield for things like speedometer, distance and direction to turn for next waypoint on a GPS route, etc.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30702 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have looked at the Bronco as well. My take on it is if it appeals to you and you can find one at MSRP, go for it. If you don't like it in a year you can probably sell it and break even.

Posts: 687 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post