SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dominion Fox suit settled
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dominion Fox suit settled Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
That's OK if it were true but it's not and never was. While publicly pushing the hacked or massaged Dominion machine story, internal communications from Fox shows that they knew with abundance that it was a lie and wrong but they still pushed on with the story.
<snip>
You can't claim there was no actual malice towards Dominion when your own internal documents confirm that you know you're pushing a lie. It was the malice that did them in, IMO.

*You're* flat out lying. You're lying by trying to state your opinions as if they were facts. Fox 'knew' or Fox 'thought'? Dude, you yourself don't even know. You may have an opinion, but you don't know.

Honestly, have you followed any of the case?

There's nothing I can say to you because you already know the inside info that is different than what's in the public sphere.

The elements of a successful defamation case would have been made out by Dominion. Then Fox gets to push back with any defenses and if you have a defense that has merit, you don't volunteer to pay close to $800M to settle a case unless you know you're holding nothing but low cards. They had nothing but low cards. All they needed was one Dominion that was flipped or could be flipped by shenanigans and they would have prevailed. Just one.

No one has ever produced one. I'm sure it's possible but possible and actual nefarious conduct are different. The level of coordination and the number of players would all require planning and nationwide cordination to know how many votes to flip in any given district. There's no there there. Trump's people still say it was rigged but they've had years to prove it. Fox has had plenty of time to come with a viable defense. They had nothing.

Why would Trump lie to his supporters and the American people about something as serious as widespread election fraud? Trump would not have made such claims without bulletproof evidence and Fox was unwilling to go to bat for him and hold Dominion accountable. Fox Newa might as well be Huffington Post at this point. Don't be shocked if Dominion is caught red-handed next election cycle as their guard will be down thanks to their "win".

Posts: 628 | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carpentermaass84:

Why would Trump lie to his supporters and the American people about something as serious as widespread election fraud?

Money and ego.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carpentermaass84:
quote:
quote:
quote:
That's OK if it were true but it's not and never was. While publicly pushing the hacked or massaged Dominion machine story, internal communications from Fox shows that they knew with abundance that it was a lie and wrong but they still pushed on with the story.
<snip>
You can't claim there was no actual malice towards Dominion when your own internal documents confirm that you know you're pushing a lie. It was the malice that did them in, IMO.

*You're* flat out lying. You're lying by trying to state your opinions as if they were facts. Fox 'knew' or Fox 'thought'? Dude, you yourself don't even know. You may have an opinion, but you don't know.

Honestly, have you followed any of the case?

There's nothing I can say to you because you already know the inside info that is different than what's in the public sphere.

The elements of a successful defamation case would have been made out by Dominion. Then Fox gets to push back with any defenses and if you have a defense that has merit, you don't volunteer to pay close to $800M to settle a case unless you know you're holding nothing but low cards. They had nothing but low cards. All they needed was one Dominion that was flipped or could be flipped by shenanigans and they would have prevailed. Just one.

No one has ever produced one. I'm sure it's possible but possible and actual nefarious conduct are different. The level of coordination and the number of players would all require planning and nationwide cordination to know how many votes to flip in any given district. There's no there there. Trump's people still say it was rigged but they've had years to prove it. Fox has had plenty of time to come with a viable defense. They had nothing.

Why would Trump lie to his supporters and the American people about something as serious as widespread election fraud? Trump would not have made such claims without bulletproof evidence and Fox was unwilling to go to bat for him and hold Dominion accountable. Fox Newa might as well be Huffington Post at this point. Don't be shocked if Dominion is caught red-handed next election cycle as their guard will be down thanks to their "win".

^^^^^^^This. I know many here think that Mike Lindell is a kook, however when he came out with his video showing so called proof, there was a brief screen showing of a list of computers that they supposedly found that were connected to the Dominion and Smartmatic voting machines. I took a screen shot of it and increased the size of it to see if I can see any of the info on it. It had info such as Mac address and IP address of the sending computer and receiving computer. So I decided to do a look up on a handful of these like 20 out of the hundreds. The receiving IP address were all overseas like China, HongKong, some in Europe, etc. Yes all of this could be spoofed, etc. however that is a lot of work, etc. and if it was all a lie or scam by Trump, why would Lindell spend so much money on the video ??? Why would Sidney Powell and Rudy Giuliani risk their reputation ??? In my opinion they appear to be smart people and must have seen data and information to stake their reputation on it. I still truly believe that we ALL will be hearing and knowing the truth of all this. Again just my opinion and thoughts. God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eighty One Million Two Hundred and Eighty Two Thousand Nine Hundred and Sixteen votes. Riiiiiight.

Posts: 670 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
Were Dominion machines every sequestered after 5he election and kept unaltered from their status in the election? Were those machines ever inspected by expert forensic computer engineers to look for evidence of tampering or built in cheating? Was raw data from voting machines kept secure and likewise carefully examined? Has information such as Lindell showed been independently investigated?

I believe the answers are all NO, and that several critical states actively made sure of it.

Fox settling might imply they acted with malice but it is not proof there was no cheating involving Dominion machines. Whether or not there was malice, there is much evidence supporting the conclusion of cheating. But if Fox couldn't prove the cheating they could not win the law suit.

Posts: 9459 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:

Then Fox gets to push back with any defenses and if you have a defense that has merit, you don't volunteer to pay close to $800M to settle a case unless you know you're holding nothing but low cards. They had nothing but low cards. All they needed was one Dominion that was flipped or could be flipped by shenanigans and they would have prevailed. Just one.

And you're a lawyer?

Fox doesn't need a single machine. The people making the claim about Dominion machines need that evidence. Oh, they don't have the money that Fox has. I see.

O.J. Simpson killed his wife. I claim that. I think that. Do I know it? Does that mean he did it? Oh, 12 people found him not guilty. Does that mean he didn't do it?

You're a lawyer and it seems to me you don't have a clue about business. You can speculate all you want about why Fox settled, but that's all you're doing, speculating.

Year V

Posts: 2632 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
I agree Fly-Sig. Details matter.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The clear learning from 2020 is that the election was swung by:

Universal mail-in ballots harvested by democrat operatives funded by supposedly "non-partisan non-profit" organizations that were funded by democrat elites.

With average historical voter turnout of about 50%, there were going to be a LOT of mail in ballots that were never completed or sent in. The democrat machine knocked on every door, found every uncompleted ballot, got the recipient of the ballot (or whomever was at the address) to fill it out and hand it over. Or they did it for them. And probably threw in a $20 or a $50 for their "support".

This is what they planned, this is what they rammed through because "OMG COVID PEOPLE WILL DIE AT THE POLLS", and this is what they did. Kind of logical right? You don't ramrod this stuff through unless you intend to exploit it. And that they did.

Trump reacted the way he did because no incumbent with more votes the second time has ever lost, and turnout was at record highs despite Biden's poor campaigning and he even got more votes than Obama despite low voter enthusiasm. And the extended counting, and the "pause" in the middle of the night in several states, and the slow pull ahead of Biden as ALL THE DEMOCRAT HARVESTED BALLOTS GOT COUNTED. Something fishy DID happen, we all knew it. And lots of theories sprang up about voting machines, and ballot counters, and all that. But the reality IMO is what I stated above.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
I suspect Dominion settled because, had the case moved ahead, they would have had to explain how proprietary technology in their machines worked.

I’ve always thought these machines were capable of much more than we’re led to believe. Things Dominion wouldn’t want made public.

In short, a “cheat mode” may not have been used in 2020. But who’s to say the option isn’t there. I’d wager if it were possible, foreign elections would happily use it. With the C.I.A.’s blessing, of course.

Surprised I didn't see the Grassy Knoll mentioned in there somewhere.

Maybe it had something to do with faking the moon landings?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
I must be missing something here. I see a lot of arguing about the Dominion machines. Isn't this case about Fox's right to report news and opinions, regardless of their own opinions, and whether that can be construed as libel?

Fox would probably, at least in part, claimed they were reporting on opinions that others held, and not "sponsoring" those statements. But Dominion was going to claim that it went well beyond merely reporting that some held those opinions, and went well into the territory of stating those opinions as actual fact.

That was one of the factual/legal disputes to be resolved in the case.

By the way, "actual malice" doesn't have to be shown by an intention by Fox to do Dominion dirty, although it can be. Showing that Fox knew the truth and said the lie anyway is enough. For all that matter showing, showing Fox was reckless about the truth (think of it as willfull blindness) would be enough.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23481 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Then Fox gets to push back with any defenses and if you have a defense that has merit, you don't volunteer to pay close to $800M to settle a case unless you know you're holding nothing but low cards. They had nothing but low cards. All they needed was one Dominion that was flipped or could be flipped by shenanigans and they would have prevailed. Just one.

And you're a lawyer?

Fox doesn't need a single machine. The people making the claim about Dominion machines need that evidence. Oh, they don't have the money that Fox has. I see.

O.J. Simpson killed his wife. I claim that. I think that. Do I know it? Does that mean he did it? Oh, 12 people found him not guilty. Does that mean he didn't do it?

You're a lawyer and it seems to me you don't have a clue about business. You can speculate all you want about why Fox settled, but that's all you're doing, speculating.

My state bar card says I am.

I represent corporate defendants. I've been in plenty of conferences and Zoom calls where this stuff is talked about all the time when we pony up money.

Some settlements are based on the merits, others based on what's the best way to move forward with the business and others aren't based on anything other than wanting to send a message.

There was zero evidence of bad machines. None then, none in 2020 and none now. $787M says they found nothing and their counsel very likely knew it and hoped for some artful beating of fists on the table.

OJ - The burden of proof to convict is high and has to be beyond a reasonable doubt whereas in a civil case it only has to be by a preponderance. The criminal jury wasn't going to find him guilty because their version of reasonable doubt differed greatly from everyone else. Civil jury popped OJ however the Goldmans have yet to collect.

Posts: 4084 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
My state bar card says I am.

Dude, you are blind. Do you think I was asking if you're a lawyer? I know you're a lawyer.
quote:
There was zero evidence of bad machines. None then, none in 2020 and none now. $787M says they found nothing and their counsel very likely knew it and hoped for some artful beating of fists on the table.

And there you go with the machines again. As I said, blind.
quote:
OJ - The burden of proof to convict is high and has to be beyond a reasonable doubt whereas in a civil case it only has to be by a preponderance. The criminal jury wasn't going to find him guilty because their version of reasonable doubt differed greatly from everyone else. Civil jury popped OJ however the Goldmans have yet to collect.

Do you think I was asking for an explanation about the Simpson case? As I said, as a bat.

Try reading a few posts above where a real lawyer explains the actual merits of the case.

Year V

Posts: 2632 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I know you're trying to get under my skin however I'm kind of immune to that stuff, even from professional agitators.

I'm bowing out of the conversation.

Carry on.

Posts: 4084 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Keystoner, if the election has you this amped up 18 months before it happens, eventually you're going to explode and splatter Keystoner shit all over the place. You got all worked up because others have the unmitigated gall to declare their candidacy for the Republican nomination, and now this. You need to pace yourself or one morning you're going to stroke out, fall over face first into your bowl of Wheaties, and drown.

At this point, all indications are that Donald Trump is going to be the Republican nominee, even though it's surely gonna hairlip a bunch of RINOs and never-Trumpers. My suggestion is to focus on that.

Posts: 107627 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With all that’s going on, I’m not sure PDJT can save us from ourselves.

No need for the distraction of a Convention. Trump must be elected.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post