SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US Marshals fall as second-story deck collapses while they try to make an arrest
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
US Marshals fall as second-story deck collapses while they try to make an arrest Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Fair enough:

quote:
The officers were there to arrest a 26-year-old man for failing to register as a sex offender. The Randolph County Sheriff's Department said the task force included members of its office, as well as the Moberly Police Department and the North Missouri Drug Task Force. They were serving an arrest warrant in coordination with the U.S. Marshals Service, the sheriff's department said.


It may take an entire task force to serve an arrest warrant in some cases.

Nevertheless, I don't like seeing large, militarized units in the community. It makes me think there's a thin veneer between our perception of civilized society and the anarchy that comes before tyranny.



"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor
 
Posts: 27378 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
In reading the article, it seems the nine guys were locals from three different agencies.


USMS Fugitive Task Forces are typically made up of a small number of actual Deputy US Marshals, along with a larger number of local officers from local law enforcement agencies within that federal district that are attached to the unit as either part time or full time Task Force Officers.

These local guys get sworn in as Special Deputy US Marshals with some limited USMS authority (mainly to widen their jurisdiction) and may get some additional training on things like target surveillance, high risk warrant service, room clearing, and CQB tactics, but are not actual DUSMs or federal agents.

So many of the guys on the scene would have been local TFOs.
 
Posts: 35518 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Then, it would be apropos to add one or two Animal Control Officers in case the offender had a dog(s).

How else would they deal with a do ...

...
Oh. right.
never mind.
 
Posts: 17548 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
we don’t have any clue about the guy they were arresting except that he is a sex offender.


Hang on! I'm having a tough time typing this out due to my uncontrolled laughter.

Seriously.

Here's the "guy" they needed an entire platoon for!

https://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/CJ...umn=name&id=60738407






quote:
They could watch the guy and arrest him while getting out of his car going to Burger king or
the grocery story.


I hope we get body cam video of the arrest and it's a 90 pound female officer who took him into custody on her own with no incident. Big Grin


________________________



www.zykansafe.com
 
Posts: 16382 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
we don’t have any clue about the guy they were arresting except that he is a sex offender.


Hang on! I'm having a tough time typing this out due to my uncontrolled laughter.

Seriously.

Here's the "guy" they needed an entire platoon for!

https://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/CJ...umn=name&id=60738407






quote:
They could watch the guy and arrest him while getting out of his car going to Burger king or
the grocery story.


I hope we get body cam video of the arrest and it's a 90 pound female officer who took him into custody on her own with no incident. Big Grin


Through the front door, using the doorbell. Big Grin

All kidding aside, I’m sure there are times where this approach is warranted. In this case, I think they are using it as practice for those times. But no way is a pervert teenager who just “failed to register” this level of threat. And if you asked any of the poor fuckers on the ground, I’m sure they’d admit as much. These are (IMO) training exercises for more serious events.
 
Posts: 11856 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Well OK then, nine guys seems excessive.
 
Posts: 14928 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
The Feds always seem to need overwhelming militarized force for everything.

In reading the article, it seems the nine guys were locals from three different agencies.

I don’t understand the armchair quarterbacking about the number of guys when we don’t have any clue about the guy they were arresting except that he is a sex offender.


So cops have guns, tazers, batons, pepper spray, restraints, tactical gear and am sure a few additional things. Nine guys is a ridiclous over keel and it turns out he is a bs she to boot.

Oh, and our LE agency's can't patrol the streets and go after bad guys because they are under funded. How much did this little operation cost?

When our street patrol officers are the nuts and bolts of LE. They could of handled this just like a bunch of other things the do on a daily basis. Including a couple detectives to slap the cuffs on it.

These deals are bs.
And the drum beat continues. "no money" Roll Eyes



"Practice like you want to play in the game"
 
Posts: 21944 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Ranger41
posted Hide Post
A "she" named Jacob with what appears to be an adams apple in the photos. If trans, many are known to be violent.


"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)
 
Posts: 1106 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
These deals are bs.

Served many warrants?

They could have used your experience and expertise in this case...

https://www.usmarshals.gov/new...warrant-charlotte-nc

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stiab,


"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY
 
Posts: 2057 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
I try not to paint with a broad brush. That being said I generally have a very high regard for members of this forum. Disappointed with some responses.

Is there another occupation where someone has little to no experience and yet feels compelled to correct those who do it for a living?

I don’t have a crystal ball so I can’t tell those gentleman what the minimum number of officers and equipment they will need without offending someone’s sensibilities. If you guess wrong there will be funerals. Plenty of officers have died on “routine” operations. Doesn’t take a large or physically imposing individual to cause a lot of damage. Substance abuse, and mental health, combined with just the luck of some are a real thing.
 
Posts: 582 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by McGregor:
To my untrained eye it sure doesn't look like that deck was properly supported.

As it turns out, those 8-penny nails do NOT take the place of support posts. Who knew?



.
 
Posts: 10280 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RR:
I try not to paint with a broad brush. That being said I generally have a very high regard for members of this forum. Disappointed with some responses.

Is there another occupation where someone has little to no experience and yet feels compelled to correct those who do it for a living?

I don’t have a crystal ball so I can’t tell those gentleman what the minimum number of officers and equipment they will need without offending someone’s sensibilities. If you guess wrong there will be funerals. Plenty of officers have died on “routine” operations. Doesn’t take a large or physically imposing individual to cause a lot of damage. Substance abuse, and mental health, combined with just the luck of some are a real thing.


You have video proof of the "experts." How did that go for them?


_____________________________________________
Proverbs 3:31 "Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways."
 
Posts: 9558 | Location: Great Basin | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
My job requires a lot of visits to the same houses over many years. A lot of the houses look as bad as this building. I have many notes like, "stay off the deck", because I don't want to take a spill like the one in this video.

I wouldn't condemn this particular deck just looking at it, but I'd have my doubts about it, and I'd be real aware of bouncing and general sketchiness. My impression is that my first time on that deck would be my last time on that deck.

I bet the deck gave plenty of warnings that it had given up on life, and that people were too task-focused to notice the warnings.


===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.
 
Posts: 2346 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
quote:
Originally posted by RR:
I try not to paint with a broad brush. That being said I generally have a very high regard for members of this forum. Disappointed with some responses.

Is there another occupation where someone has little to no experience and yet feels compelled to correct those who do it for a living?

I don’t have a crystal ball so I can’t tell those gentleman what the minimum number of officers and equipment they will need without offending someone’s sensibilities. If you guess wrong there will be funerals. Plenty of officers have died on “routine” operations. Doesn’t take a large or physically imposing individual to cause a lot of damage. Substance abuse, and mental health, combined with just the luck of some are a real thing.


You have video proof of the "experts." How did that go for them?


If you’re referring to the video in this thread, there were definitely some unforeseen structural challenges lol
 
Posts: 582 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Thinking about the training aspect, I asked AI:

A strong support system is the foundation of high unit cohesion. When team members feel supported both personally and professionally, trust increases, stress decreases, and collective performance skyrockets.

Why Support Drives Cohesion

Builds psychological safety: Members take calculated risks and admit mistakes without fear of judgment.

Reduces burnout: Shared burdens prevent individual exhaustion during high-stress operations.

Enhances trust: Knowing peers "have your back" creates unbreakable bonds.

Aligns goals: Shared support shifts the mindset from individual survival to collective success.

Key Pillars of a Unit Support System

Pillar Focus Area Impact on Cohesion

Peer-to-Peer Mutual reliance and daily check-ins Creates immediate, ground-level camaraderie.

Leadership Resource allocation and clear advocacy Builds institutional trust and psychological
safety.

Institutional Mental health resources and family programs Alleviates external stressors so members can
focus.

Red Flags of a Failing Support System

Siloed communication: Information hoarding or cliques forming.

Blame culture: Pointing fingers instead of solving problems together.

High turnover: Members actively seeking to leave the unit.
 
Posts: 14928 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

Red Flags of a Failing Support System

Siloed communication: Information hoarding or cliques forming.

Blame culture: Pointing fingers instead of solving problems together.

High turnover: Members actively seeking to leave the unit.
Falling deck might be another red flag of a Failing Support System.



הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
 
Posts: 33807 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Hmm, I guess everyone forgets all the shootings that trans have done, along with how many and often threats of violence they post. Roll Eyes
 
Posts: 4357 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hmm, I guess everyone forgets all the shootings that trans have done, along with how many and often threats of violence they post.



I haven't forgotten. I'm just of the belief that it should take 9 of them to take out one of me, not the other way around.


________________________



www.zykansafe.com
 
Posts: 16382 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
As a lifelong husky kid, structural integrity is something deeply ingrained into my being.

9 grown ass men and not a one said boss that shit is too rickety for all of us. How about we go in in waves?


----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------
 
Posts: 5493 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US Marshals fall as second-story deck collapses while they try to make an arrest

© SIGforum 2026