SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recomend me a good work glove
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recomend me a good work glove Login/Join 
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

Where are you finding them for that price?
(large size hopefully)

https://shop.laonamachine.com/...m?productid=-6018101

Not sure how that works because you're right -they're considerably more elsewhere.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Sadly work gloves in local box store seem to be like woman's fashions, constantly changing. I guess that helps sales. I'd buy some of everything and the guys would try them to see what they liked best. They when I'd try to buy more of them, they didn't have them anymore, just the latest fashion.

Ordering from Grainger or the like was just the opposite. Most brands selling 14 styles of gloves, all different prices, most of the descriptions just ever so slightly different than the others, often the same words, just in different order. lol I'd end up ordering one of each, the try to keep straight which was which, that never worked either because by the time I was able to order more, the same thing had happened.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
I wear gloves just about 8 hrs a day. My fallback has become the mechanics gloves. Over the years I’ve tried them all I feel.

If you can keep them dry my preference is goat, pig, and the mechanics cloth. If wet is ever a possibility the Mechanics wear are hands down the best.

A real source for higher quality work gloves is your Redwing store (used to be anyway). Their gloves are sourced from iron clad, which are excellent but harder to find when I need them compared to the Mechanics brand. Not all mechanics brand are the same look for one that suits your application.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5151 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

Where are you finding them for that price?
(large size hopefully)

https://shop.laonamachine.com/...m?productid=-6018101

Not sure how that works because you're right -they're considerably more elsewhere.

Needing to request a quote raises the bulk quantity order red flag for me. But I appreciate the prompt reply. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Wells Lamond deerskin in sm or XL for $5/pair at northern tool: https://www.northerntool.com/s..._200772183_200772183

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reflex/deflex 64:
I wear gloves just about 8 hrs a day. My fallback has become the mechanics gloves. Over the years I’ve tried them all I feel.

If you can keep them dry my preference is goat, pig, and the mechanics cloth. If wet is ever a possibility the Mechanics wear are hands down the best.

A real source for higher quality work gloves is your Redwing store (used to be anyway). Their gloves are sourced from iron clad, which are excellent but harder to find when I need them compared to the Mechanics brand. Not all mechanics brand are the same look for one that suits your application.

Give the ones I linked earlier a try if you get them wet frequently. They're all synthetic so they dry really quick. I noticed when my friend who is a plumber wore the same ones, when he came to help me with a project. He said it's all they wear at his shop. He quoted the same reasons I already noted.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for all the suggestions.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post