SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Christopher Plummer has passed at 91
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christopher Plummer has passed at 91 Login/Join 
posted
Very few from "The Sound of Music" are still alive.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movi...1dqzI0?ocid=msedgdhp

Quite a career . . . .

Posts: 2776 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read of his passing a little while ago.

Another great actor gone..
It troubles me that I do not remember him in the movie: The Man who would be King.

Strangely, one of my favorites roles is in the romantic comedy: Must love dogs. Even though it was a small part, he added such depth as he does with all his performances.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:
Very few from "The Sound of Music" are still alive.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movi...1dqzI0?ocid=msedgdhp

Quite a career . . . .
The hills are still alive . . . .

RIP Mr. Plummer.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
RIP Alexander Addington...

Posts: 2169 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A great actor in everything he did. The most recent one being "Knives Out." And talk about a man who still looked great into his upper 80's. RIP.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5172 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
It troubles me that I do not remember him in the movie: The Man who would be King.

Do you mean you don't remember the parts in the beginning and at the end in Kipling's newspaper office, or that you don't realize he played Kipling? Happens to be among my all-time favorite movies, by the way.

Posts: 2695 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amals

It has been many moons since I saw the movie, and I did not remember him playing Kipling.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
Amals

It has been many moons since I saw the movie, and I did not remember him playing Kipling.

Gotcha. Must be time for a fresh viewing, then! Smile

Posts: 2695 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I re-watched The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Plummer was very good in it.
R.I.P.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16124 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Who will get all of the Kevin Spacey parts now?

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6064 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Played the second best Klingon in franchise history. What a career.

Posts: 7547 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
What an incredible talent, he will be missed.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite roles from him after Captain Von Trapp:

Posts: 33880 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
I watched Battle of Britain again last night in his honor. Smile

Posts: 1924 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
What was the movie he played with burl ives set in the everglades?

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3809 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
A great actor in everything he did. The most recent one being "Knives Out." And talk about a man who still looked great into his upper 80's. RIP.
This is an excellent film; also staring Daniel Craig and Jamie Lee Curtis. It's available with Amazon Prime. The GF and I are both movie addicts but have rather different tastes with some overlap. We have alternated making the other one watch our flicks every week or so for several years now. This was one of her picks and was definitely an "overlap".

Check it out. Knives Out

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15489 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
Played the second best Klingon in franchise history. What a career.

I agree. He was awesome (even his over-the-top CRY HAVOC AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR!!!! moments).

#1 being Christopher Lloyd, surely?

He was awesome in Knives Out. I'm not a crime drama guy, but that was excellent.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21853 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post