SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Snowflake gets teacher banned for … decency
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snowflake gets teacher banned for … decency Login/Join 
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
let's say the student had never stood for the pledge (for whatever reason - it's his/her right)

What makes it their "right"? Confused

Seriously? The first amendment. It applies to everyone.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16271 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
quote:
Originally posted by ronnied316:
The student that refused to stand for the Pledge, then had the nerve to complain, is a complete pussy and needs his ass kicked. WTF is wrong with these kids?!? I can already envision what his parents are like.

The student(s) peers need to take care of this problem. Back in the day a good ass-whooping at the very least - with the knowledge that any rebuttal will result in an even MORE severe ass-whooping.

Isolate them - and make them unwelcome at the school. Since the adults refuse to be - time for the other students to step up.

His peers involved in that activity would have been arrested and charged with assault. They probably would have been considered a 'gang' and the Feds would roll in with RICO charges.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37989 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
In my day, these kinds of issues were the responsibility of the parents. If my dad had learned that I refused to stand for the pledge of allegiance, I would not have enjoyed sitting for some time.

Posts: 6495 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
His peers involved in that activity would have been arrested and charged with assault. They probably would have been considered a 'gang' and the Feds would roll in with RICO charges.

Ahhhhhh glasshopper.............so many ways to be stealth........

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4581 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chance:
I was thinking there must be more to this story. Then at the end of the article:

But Fox News reported that in a letter home to parents and staff, the school superintendent said the pledge incident was not the sole factor in Furkin being banned from Parkway South.

‘While we cannot share details of individual personnel matters, we would not recommend that a substitute teacher be restricted from a school simply based on a single isolated incident such as this.

'Several factors, including prior concerns at other schools, would be taken into consideration before making a recommendation.’

The video in the link said he gave students his contact info and took some pictures of the students both of which are against school policies.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20834 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was thinking there must be more to this story. Then at the end of the article:

But Fox News reported that in a letter home to parents and staff, the school superintendent said the pledge incident was not the sole factor in Furkin being banned from Parkway South.

‘While we cannot share details of individual personnel matters, we would not recommend that a substitute teacher be restricted from a school simply based on a single isolated incident such as this.

'Several factors, including prior concerns at other schools, would be taken into consideration before making a recommendation.’
I love these incredible vague comments. Without knowing what this teacher had or hadn't done, I'm not buying any of it. Couldn't be that the super is trying to cover their rear end after this rose to national attention? If they want all of us to buy into their explanation, then offer up the rest of the info.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You cannot say anything without someone being bent
out of shape. Cripes!!!! Reading this I seem to think they were looking to cut him loose. Maybe coach the student into being “really offended” and “Bang” unwanted substitute gone.

Posts: 4066 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

The video in the link said he gave students his contact info and took some pictures of the students both of which are against school policies.

Leave it to the media to use the detail most likely to stir up drama.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37989 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

Leave it to the media to use the detail most likely to stir up drama.

It worked. Plenty of people took the bait.

I hesitate to believe any article when the person fired is the one quoted about the reason they were fired, especially when the said reason sounds incredible.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15257 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

Now I am sure this is going against the grain here however let me yours this out here; let's say the student had never stood for the pledge (for whatever reason - it's his/her right) and after the pledge the sub bird dogged that kid when thanking the rest of the class. Was the sub being unethical by calling out the kid in front of the rest of the class?

I agree that it was the kid's right, and the sub should have just let it drop. But I don't think it is a firing offense. Again, if this was the latest in a string of bad choices by the teacher - it may have been the proverbial straw.

We don't really know. I think we can be certain the original story was written to be provocative. Don't let yourself be played.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:

AKA, covering their asses! How can this teacher defend himself from this kind of crap?

I use to really love teaching. Could not get me into a classroom now.

The hard left assholes that are controlling so much of our education systems today make it impossible to actually teach. Have indoctrinate the little whippers.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post