SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Samsung Washing Machines & Dryers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Samsung Washing Machines & Dryers Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post

As this subject has been discussed so very many times, may I recommend that you sashay over to the www.karmanator.com site, click on the link to search SigForum, and pull up these threads?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5075 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:
Absolutely love mine.

Very high capacity. Top loading. Reliable. Clean well. NO drama. Had mine since 2011. Would definitely buy again.

The consumer reports thing was greatly overdramatized....like most things Consumer Reports reports on to sell magazines. Quite the opposite, I found it to be a great bit of customer service on Samsung’s part. Although we didn’t ask for any service, A tech came to the house, replaced a part and a module. Put a new sticker on the front of the machine for HEAVY BEDDING ITEMS and went away. Worked like a charm....never got a bill. Apparently, some customers were loading their washers so high with heavy items that the washer bin belt was breaking loose during the rinse/spin cycle if the washer was set to Normal.

I like most Samsung appliances and I also have their french door refrigerator which has since been copied by most others. I also run their TVs.

Actually, the only appliance by Samsung that i avoid are their mobile phones.

And by the way, the Samsung washer was auto water level and it would never fill up with enough water. There were many times they would have to wash a load twice to get clothes clean.

I was here when it was repaired, yes, and my washer still works like a charm even after it was “repaired”. Also, I don’t expect my washer to fill up with water like my mother’s did when I was growing up. HE washers these days won’t fill up with 20-25 gallons of water to wash T-shirts, socks and blue jeans. Too much waste water makes the plastic straws float away to the ocean.

Oh, don’t look now, FWIW, but guess which brand is amongst the top ranked ...

https://www.goodhousekeeping.c...ing-machine-reviews/

https://www.digitaltrends.com/...st-washing-machines/

https://www.trustedreviews.com...hing-machine-3431783

Take it or leave it...the only appliance I know to truly suck is Taurus.

My statement was the TRUTH.

That being said, I have a set of Whirlpool duets that I bought for a 4 unit rental apartment building in April 2010. They have had thousands of loads through them, and have never once failed, including with heavy bedding items that tenants throw in them . Unlike your Samsungs. AND, they do a great job at cleaning even with the 20 +/- gallons of water they use per load.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
My mom got a Samsung fridge and it was the biggest piece of shit appliance ever made. After several service calls couldn’t fix multiple issues they tried to stiff arm her until the warranty ran out. She spent a couple years going after them until they finally bought it back. I wouldn’t take a Samsung appliance for free after that bullshit.

Posts: 13747 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wishbone:
In my experience Samsung and LG make great electronics but lousy appliances.

This
We have a Samsung fridge - hopefully yours has had the ice maker refitted with the model that doesn't freeze up due to the large gap in between the ice maker housing wall, and the inside of the fridge. Ice doesn't do well at fridge temps.

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3931 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Whirlpool Duets.Best out there.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are two grades of Sumsung/LG appliances. Those made in South Korea and those made in China.

Big difference in quality and in price.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post