SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lost my Mother this evening.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost my Mother this evening. Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted
Four and a half weeks ago, Mom was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia and sepsis.

She spent 2 weeks in the ICU, five days on a vent, and contracted MRSA. She then spent 2 weeks in rehab at the Hospital.

She fought the tough fight, but Sunday was placed under Hospice care and passed away this evening, peacefully, with family by her side.

Over the past couple of weeks, she had good days and really bad days, but I thought she may recover, at least enough to live in assisted living.

The Hospital and staff treated he with love and respect. We were very appreciative of the care she received. Our experience with Hospice was exceptional.

Gonna' miss you Mom!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
What a blessing she passed peacefully and best of all, with family. I'm sorry for your loss though.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
My condolences to you and your family.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss. You and your family have my condolences.

Posts: 4019 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear that P-220, thankfully she had good care. My feeling is when we loose a parent we loose just a bit of ourself as well.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7098 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this, Steve.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Prayers of comfort to you and your family.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers to you and your family in the passing of you mother..................drill sgt.

Posts: 2008 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Condolences sent, really sorry for your loss.

Posts: 4501 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Prayers said for your Mom and your family. God Bless !

Posts: 2877 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I am so very sorry for your loss. The loss of my dad was so hard, but I can’t even imagine losing my mom. She has cancer so I know it will be sooner than later. My prayers go out to you and your family. Frown

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry to hear this. May her memory be a blessing.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
My sincere condolences, Steve. Frown

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this Steve. Prayers to you and your family. May she rest in the hands of the Lord for ever more. Sincerely-orc

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Steve, I’m sorry for your lose. My our kind Father in Heaven hold her in the palm of His hand.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down With The Sickness
Picture of Sclass
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss.

Posts: 659 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
May God bless you and yours P-220.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
My condolences to you and all that loved her.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8104 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Having just lost my 92 year old mom in May I can relate. It was a hard day. Prayers for you and the family.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
May she rest in peace. And prayers to you and your family.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post