SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Houston mayor vs Houston Fire Fighters
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Houston mayor vs Houston Fire Fighters Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I have a very strong opinion on this topic.

There are only a few services that a city MUST provide it's citizens
- Police Protection
- Fire Protection
- City works (streets, water, lighting etc)
- Finance (to collect and distribute money for above)
- Leadership (to guide city resources)

That is it. Parks, social programs, beautification, community outreach are nice, but luxuries. If the basic 5 services noted fail, the rest is just icing on a shit cupcake.

Yup, even Schools can be better run elsewhere.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
None of this will matter to the libtard residents of Houston until the number of typical firefighter calls start to outweigh manpower and houses start burning and cats stay stuck in trees. Until then, they’ll applaud their nice shiny parks filled with illegals and homeless people.

Libtards? I assume you don't mean all of us.

There are less well-off urban citizens who are all in favor of lots of government handouts, but even they aren't really full-fledged libtards, in the sense you probably mean. I bet a fair number of WV Dem voters are of this sort - in favor of government largesse, but not really social lefties.

We have a few actual libtards, but probably not all that many.

Most of the more prosperous citizens of Houston are downright conservatives. They get outvoted by the urban poor, alas.

But, more to the point, those national politics have almost nothing to do with this very local and personal dispute over fireman pay. That is a very local, small politics dispute between City Hall, the firemen, and (to some degree) the police. Left and right doesn't have hardly anything to do with it. Thanks for dragging national politics into everything.

Let’s get something straight- the term “libtards” is not a substitute for liberals. I disagree with people that list liberals as being under that same umbrella.

Secondly, who mentioned national politics? Libtards are where you find them. From the top down. And they push their politics at all levels. Houston is notoriously leftist. Don’t take it personally or as a jab at people with a liberal bent.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
You know, I had zero interest in visiting Houston for any reason. But now that I’ve found out they have a Poet Laureate, I’m going to have to rethink my vacation plans!

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
You know, I had zero interest in visiting Houston for any reason. But now that I’ve found out they have a Poet Laureate, I’m going to have to rethink my vacation plans!
Here, I'll save you a few bucks:
Texas is red.
Houston is blue.
Mayor is douchey.
Firemen think so too.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Here, I'll save you a few bucks:
Texas is red.
Houston is blue.
Mayor is douchey.
Firemen think so too.

Damn, that's catchy. Houston picked the wrong person for PL.

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post