SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone know where I can buy Microtech Scarab springs?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know where I can buy Microtech Scarab springs? Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
Mine no longer are strong enough to lock the blade in or out.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6319 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Will Microtech not provide replacements under warranty? I've had a few Kershaw speedsafe torsion bars break over the years, and a quick email to the company usually gets a replacement part in the mail no questions asked.

Posts: 8578 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I don’t think so. Because of the proprietary screws to open the knife they won’t ship anything because opening it voids the warranty.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6319 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
I don’t think so. Because of the proprietary screws to open the knife they won’t ship anything because opening it voids the warranty.

In that case I suspect you'll have trouble finding any, do they offer a service of some kind?

Seems that they cover it here
https://support.microtechknive...ol-bit-for-my-knife-

Posts: 8150 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I would submit a support ticket online and see what they say...

https://support.microtechknive.../support/tickets/new

Posts: 23466 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Dumb question, but if it is under warranty will they replace the springs?

Posts: 6920 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you try cleaning it out first?

Same thing happened to one of mine, and Microtech told me to clean it out first, before sending it back.

Rubbing alcohol- squirt it down the blade opening, open it and close it a few times, squirt a little more rubbing alcohol down there, open & close it a few more times... the alcohol will evaporate.

if that doesn't do the trick, I'd think about sending it back

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8351 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Send them back they have excellent customer service.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25428 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Should be covered under warranty

Posts: 4116 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post