SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Palmetto parent company offering to buy Remington ammo business
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Palmetto parent company offering to buy Remington ammo business Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
https://www.thetruthaboutguns....lets-for-65-million/

Would be nice to see this happen. Anyone know details on whether this is likely to get past the bankruptcy court and Remington debt holders?

Posts: 13746 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
great move by them IMO to diversify their portfolio within the industry

hopefully they can crank up production quickly

its a booming market currently that's for sure

following SIGs playbook ??

------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
That would be outstanding and a definite turn in the right direction insofar as management is concerned.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15611 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good move. PSA has really changed its position in the market from simple dealer in other people's stuff to dealer in their own stuff to manufacturer of their own stuff. It takes big cojones to start domestic manufacture of an AK, which is far from a cheap gun to tool up to manufacture (not build of foreign parts).

I think they'd do Big Green justice, and maybe then be able to branch into a nice line of PSA precision rifles.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Holy cow. Palmetto must be investing every penny it gets into growth. I'd love to see them do well - I've been happy to do buisness with them for years - but if they keep going from big gamble to big gamble, they may run into trouble at some point. Put it this way: getting a working AK line up and running wound up being something of a minor miracle, so I'd love to see them digest what they've taken in before they go off on a line of precision rifles or anything else. Hell, they haven't quite got the 74 line (5.45 and 5.56, mind you) up and running yet.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PSA couldn’t keep anything in stock before the gun panic, I have my doubts on them helping the availability of ammo

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Good for palmetto. They need a steady source for that $700 5.56 ammo they are selling......

Posts: 7401 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
https://www.thetruthaboutguns....lets-for-65-million/

Would be nice to see this happen. Anyone know details on whether this is likely to get past the bankruptcy court and Remington debt holders?

Sounds like they submitted a bid. Yesterday was the day the court was making determination by my understanding. Article says 17th. I do know for a fact that employees have been notified in writing that “Remington Arms” will not be their employer as of September 28th....seems obvious enough since they will cease to exist.

0:01

Posts: 4215 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post