SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    An act of kindness by a Walmart cashier: there are good people out there
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An act of kindness by a Walmart cashier: there are good people out there Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
I found this both moving and reassuring that there are still many good warm hearted people out there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...d-service-salon.html

Kindhearted Walmart cashier paints a wheelchair-bound woman's nails after salon turned her away because her hands 'move too much' due to her cerebral palsy

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
God bless people like Ebony Harris. May good karma find her!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Good for her for showing love, kindness, and compassion to someone in need.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Stories like this always put a big smile on my face. Good on her. Angela will never forget the act of kindness she received.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WAY more good than bad

the bad ones steal the headlines though

----------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
In case anyone is curious. This Walmart is just east of Flint Michigan in a suburb.

And yes, I hope she gets the karma she justly deserves.

I'm not on Facebrook or I would have posted praise for Harris to the Subway gal's account.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
UK Daily Mail. I wonder if this story even came up on any US media outlets?

No matter...Nice to read about such compassion and kindness.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's awesome, thanks for sharing that. Simple gestures mean so much, good on that woman for caring enough to treat everyone so well.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
I've said it a thousand times, we pick the wrong people to admire in this society. Sometimes it should be a sweet lady from Walmart. Smile

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
UK Daily Mail. I wonder if this story even came up on any US media outlets?

Doubtful because it doesn't push the media agenda of divisiveness and hatred towards each other.

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Great story.

They must lay these Walmarts out in a similar fashion because our Walmart also has a salon and Subway part of it as well.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for my first smile of the day.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
WAY more good than bad

the bad ones steal the headlines though

----------------------------------------

Agreed. Kudos to this young lady for a wonderful act of compassion and kindness.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Great story.

They must lay these Walmarts out in a similar fashion because our Walmart also has a salon and Subway part of it as well.
Our local store has a nail salon, but the Subway is gone and has been replaced by Burger King.

What they really need is Chick-Fil-A!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Nice to read on Monday morning, thank you

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
Nice to read on Monday morning, thank you

I’ll echo this. Great way to start the day.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Kindness and compassion are underreported in the news so it’s nice when a story like this gets published

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
Well done Ebony. Hoping good karma comes your way. Smile

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adobesig:
I've said it a thousand times, we pick the wrong people to admire in this society. Sometimes it should be a sweet lady from Walmart. Smile

That's the truth X 1000 and she's humble like it's no big deal.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Great story.

Our local store has a nail salon, but the Subway is gone and has been replaced by Burger King.

What they really need is Chick-Fil-A!

I agree!

On a side note, our local store also has a lady with cerebral palsy who is a greeter. Some strange similarities here.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post