SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for beer drinkers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for beer drinkers Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
My favorite is Stiegl Gold lager (Austria). It comes in 0.5 liter cans – the right size!

“It's one of the world's favourite alcoholic beverages.

And, fortunately for millions of pub-goers, it seems that beer may have a number of unexpected health benefits, too.

In addition to quenching your thirst, a well-earned pint also contains nutritional ingredients which help to reduce heart risk and boost brain health.

That's according to scientists who've published research in The American Journal of the Medical Sciences.

They claim beer boasts more protein and B vitamins than wine, is high in antioxidants and can reduce the occurrence of cardiovascular disease.

'The antioxidant content of beer is equivalent to that of wine, but the specific antioxidants are different because the barley and hops used in the production of beer contain flavonoids different from those in the grapes used in the production of wine,' the study says…”

https://dailym.ai/2MeLnWC

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8960 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
In other news, eating dog shit is good for you. You see, it contains fiber, and is high in magnesium, protein, and B complex vitamins.

More horse shit fake news.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this and timely to read at 5pm (EST) Friday Pipe Smoker! Big Grin

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7098 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fake news? Really? Looks pretty well documented. The basic ingredients of beer are also the basic ingredients of bread.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I believe I'm gonna go and reduce my heart risk and boost my brain health right now. See ya later....

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
The benefit from Vit. B is most likely in the yeast of unfiltered beers.
Sorry Bud/Miller/Coors drinkers. Razz

Posts: 7358 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Cool! My brain needs all the help it can get.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For years I preferred Beer and potato chips. For me it was a total meal.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Wonderful news! Now maybe we can get this enlightened group of scientist to take a look at the health benefits of tequila!

Posts: 6479 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
So I’m going to die of liver failure instead of a heart attack.

And I’m a genius from so much brain health.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
Wonderful news! Now maybe we can get this enlightened group of scientist to take a look at the health benefits of tequila!

That's more of a spiritual thing. Wink

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post