SIGforum
Looking for a light duty electric power washer

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7220099354

February 27, 2019, 12:17 PM
Vanwall
Looking for a light duty electric power washer
What say you Sigforum brain trust.

General light duty washing. Washing lawn furniture, car with soap cannon, etc.

I have a gas power washer for bigger jobs like driveway.

It appears that Ryobi has the best warranty but reviews are all over the place.
February 27, 2019, 01:10 PM
Fredward
SunJoe off Amazon makes a decent little electric.
February 27, 2019, 01:38 PM
Kevmo
I have a neighbor with a Sun Joe and he seems happy...This site has some good suggestions as well:

https://www.pressurewashersdir...ressure-washers.html
February 27, 2019, 01:42 PM
Georgeair
Not to pile on, but got a Sun Joe for Christmas and it's been great the few times I've used it on porch, walks, etc. If I was doing a huge area like driveways I'd rent a much higher flow rate unit and one of those rotor heads that look like a buffer.

Or for about the same money (factoring in beer), just pay someone to do that.

Sun Joe on AMZN

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

February 27, 2019, 01:56 PM
BigSwede
I can only comment on the Black Max from Sam's. It's a piece of shite. First one lasted 30 min. Returned for a new one. It finished the rest of the small job. Went to use it again a few months later and it crapped out after a few minutes.

February 27, 2019, 02:33 PM
P250UA5
Following, as it's something I've been meaning to add to my garage.

The Enemy's gate is down.
February 27, 2019, 02:44 PM
cparktd
Light duty washers I consider handy but cheap and disposable. I've had two over the years to supplement my big one and both lasted several years each. Don't even remember the brands. I could use a new one now.

I just grab what ever is handy at the local big box, or what's on sale. If rarely used maybe put a little pump oil in the pump after use? Must have a detergent dispenser of some sort for me but I expect they all have that now.

I did really like the one I had with a hose reel on it.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.
February 27, 2019, 02:57 PM
David Lee
Dont buy the Hyper Tough brand as they are nothing but junk. Seen many get returned only to be resold at the Flea Market.
February 27, 2019, 03:54 PM
Otto Pilot
I bought an AR112 from AR Blue Clean. I added the soap spraying bottle and have been using it like crazy. It has been criticized for being fragile, but I have not run into that yet. I like it a lot for what it is.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon
February 27, 2019, 04:06 PM
Aeteocles
Pay attention to the soap cannon requirements. Some require like 2 gallons per minute flow to work properly, but most light duty sprayers produce only 1-1.5 gallons of flow.
February 27, 2019, 05:25 PM
Scurvy
Karcher
February 27, 2019, 06:04 PM
C-Dubs
Another satisfied SunJoe user here.

Bought the SPX3000 early last year and have used it several times.

Sure goes through the detergent fast when you're suds'ing, but worked great cleaning the brick on the house.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
February 27, 2019, 09:21 PM
DaveL
I have had the Greenworks 2000 psi machine from Home Depot for just under five years now, using it every other month or so for 2-6 hours. Just used it this weekend for about 4 hours and it performed like the day I bought it. I’m pretty happy with that considering it cost $160.
February 28, 2019, 12:19 AM
sjtill
Kärcher has been reliable for me, bought about a $200 model from I think HD.

February 28, 2019, 07:27 AM
l33571
I bought a Greenworks 1600psi from Lowe's 3 years ago for $99. No problems but I do consider it a disposable item. I don't use the detergent option very often however.
February 28, 2019, 08:05 AM
sig2392
Bought the Greenworks 2000 psi pressure washer at Lowes. On sale
Only six months old. Used it to clean driveway pavers. So far it works fine