SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for a light duty electric power washer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a light duty electric power washer Login/Join 
posted
What say you Sigforum brain trust.

General light duty washing. Washing lawn furniture, car with soap cannon, etc.

I have a gas power washer for bigger jobs like driveway.

It appears that Ryobi has the best warranty but reviews are all over the place.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SunJoe off Amazon makes a decent little electric.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a neighbor with a Sun Joe and he seems happy...This site has some good suggestions as well:

https://www.pressurewashersdir...ressure-washers.html

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Not to pile on, but got a Sun Joe for Christmas and it's been great the few times I've used it on porch, walks, etc. If I was doing a huge area like driveways I'd rent a much higher flow rate unit and one of those rotor heads that look like a buffer.

Or for about the same money (factoring in beer), just pay someone to do that.

Sun Joe on AMZN

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I can only comment on the Black Max from Sam's. It's a piece of shite. First one lasted 30 min. Returned for a new one. It finished the rest of the small job. Went to use it again a few months later and it crapped out after a few minutes.

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Following, as it's something I've been meaning to add to my garage.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Light duty washers I consider handy but cheap and disposable. I've had two over the years to supplement my big one and both lasted several years each. Don't even remember the brands. I could use a new one now.

I just grab what ever is handy at the local big box, or what's on sale. If rarely used maybe put a little pump oil in the pump after use? Must have a detergent dispenser of some sort for me but I expect they all have that now.

I did really like the one I had with a hose reel on it.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Dont buy the Hyper Tough brand as they are nothing but junk. Seen many get returned only to be resold at the Flea Market.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
I bought an AR112 from AR Blue Clean. I added the soap spraying bottle and have been using it like crazy. It has been criticized for being fragile, but I have not run into that yet. I like it a lot for what it is.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Pay attention to the soap cannon requirements. Some require like 2 gallons per minute flow to work properly, but most light duty sprayers produce only 1-1.5 gallons of flow.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Karcher

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Another satisfied SunJoe user here.

Bought the SPX3000 early last year and have used it several times.

Sure goes through the detergent fast when you're suds'ing, but worked great cleaning the brick on the house.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had the Greenworks 2000 psi machine from Home Depot for just under five years now, using it every other month or so for 2-6 hours. Just used it this weekend for about 4 hours and it performed like the day I bought it. I’m pretty happy with that considering it cost $160.

Posts: 989 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Kärcher has been reliable for me, bought about a $200 model from I think HD.

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a Greenworks 1600psi from Lowe's 3 years ago for $99. No problems but I do consider it a disposable item. I don't use the detergent option very often however.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought the Greenworks 2000 psi pressure washer at Lowes. On sale
Only six months old. Used it to clean driveway pavers. So far it works fine

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post