SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Girl Scout...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Girl Scout... Login/Join 
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted
Cookie cartel just took my wife for 20 bucks. They're everywhere.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sadly, my local Girl Scout moved away. I hope someone will step in and rescue me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I have to get a new dealer too. Neighbor's daughter chose select soccer over girl scouts slanging thin mints.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23101 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
She got me a box of the thin mints. I am not capable of resisting.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
The Girl Scouts are aligned with Planned Parenthood...if that matters to you.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The best part about working at home is you don't get guilted by parents to buy their kids damn cookies.

But Somoas are good.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Six dollars a box. Did I get ripped off ?

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Not when it comes to cookies

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Do GS cookies taste different in different parts of the country? I’ve tried various ones over the years, somewhat repeatedly. I’ve never really liked them. At one point, I paid for boxes and just told them to give them free to other people. (When they had stands outside supermarkets and such)

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Ain't gonna happen here--not even if they were givin' 'em away. I'm working to get fit, so I won't eat 'em, and my wife won't buy 'em for only herself.

They're tasty, konata88, or used to be. (I haven't had them in years.) Actually cookie crack Smile I just don't need the empty calories.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I have to get a new dealer too. Neighbor's daughter chose select soccer over girl scouts slanging thin mints.

Ahem, my oldest is in the cartel, if you have a hankering.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Do GS cookies taste different in different parts of the country? I’ve tried various ones over the years, somewhat repeatedly. I’ve never really liked them. At one point, I paid for boxes and just told them to give them free to other people. (When they had stands outside supermarkets and such)

There are different bakers, so it could be that there are variations in different locales.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
$6 a box here also. Bought about 10 boxes from 2 girls.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
$5 here in N Houston
$4 in the College Station area last I bought a box up there, but that was a few years ago.

Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Do GS cookies taste different in different parts of the country?

Yes, a few years back my local (TX) granddaughter was selling and we bought from her, then a few weeks later we went to Okie land and bought from granddaughter there and they were really different. I didn't think the Okie cookies tasted as good as the Texas one's.

All the grand kids are out of the cookie game now so I track them down local or they are outside every Wal-mart, Lowes and many other stores so my fix for peanut butter sandwich cookies gets met.

Went to Lowes the other days and they were outside waiting on me. I had my $20 in hand when I came out and picked up 4 boxes, still have three left. I am pacing myself. LOL

They are still $5 a box here. If they hit $6 I'll stop buying them. Think our total this year was $80.00

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
My daughter's troop is completely out of cookies. I already got my 2 cases of Thin Mints, so I'm good for the year. Smile

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Can’t just let people enjoy their cookies? Here’s what the Girl Scouts have to say about that and I will continue to enjoy the cookies:

Link

“Does GSUSA have a relationship with Planned Parenthood?

No, Girl Scouts of the USA does not have a relationship or partnership with Planned Parenthood.”

“Did GSUSA distribute a Planned Parenthood brochure at a United Nations event?

No, we did not. In 2010, GSUSA took part in the 54th Commission on the Status of Women at the United Nations. Our participation in that conference was the subject of numerous Internet stories and blogs that were factually inaccurate and troubling. Girl Scouts had no knowledge of the brochure in question and played no role in distributing it.“

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Ahem, my oldest is in the cartel, if you have a hankering.

Can't decide if it's a bad thing or a good thing that you're not in my neighborhood right now.... Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
My youngest daughter was in Girl Scouts growing up and was (is?) still involved with her daughter.
But since I failed to convert to WOKE mode I have been declared as "toxic" to my grandchildren. Last time I saw my granddaughter, at a funeral, I had no idea who she was. My son had to tell me who it was.
My grandson got married a while back or so I hear.

I digress, sorry about that. But I also feel the Girl Scouts have lost their way in teaching young people right & wrong.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Mrs. A. got told at the grocery store yesterday, "this is the last weekend for cookies." As a former door-to-door sales queen her options were limited, she came home with a bag full. I like to eat them right out of the freezer, frozen they have a little extra snap, and they warm up on the tongue nicely. Samoas, Thin Mints, and Trefoils are my usual go tos, but I like most of their occasional/special offerings too. Yes, they are a lot more expensive than they used to be, but so is everything else.

Posts: 6400 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post