SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Girl Scout...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Girl Scout... Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I think next weekend is our last grocery storefront booth, here.
Don't recall if that's the final cutoff or not.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I passed several troops yesterday, pushing their goods. I resisted. I even called my Daughter, to see if she wanted any, as it would be a legitimate reason for me to stop and ummmm, buy some, mostly for my Daughter.

My Daughter said she was good and did not need any. Damn it!!!

I am giving in and if I see one of their booths during my travels today, I will scratch that itch.

Only Thin Mints though, that is where I draw the line. I will not support this cartel beyond the Thin Mints.

Since it is Lent, I will have to wait a couple more weeks to enjoy them, but they will be safe in our freezer.

Here is a pic of Thin Mints with protection, from a few years ago.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
The quality has declined some. Even the Thin Mints don't seem to have the same flavor (or size!) that they used to have. My favorite is the Tagalongs, but I'll scarf a whole box of them in an afternoon so I try not to buy them. I have to make a grocery store run today though, and if the little demons are there I may yet cave in.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few of the guys at work hit me up for their daughters. Ahhhh, peanut butter!
I'm in at least $45.

"Hi, I'm CPD SIG and I'm an addict"

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8335 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
She got me a box of the thin mints. I am not capable of resisting.

One box? What did you do to piss her off this time?

They hooked me coming out of Walmart. I was looking around for the Samoans and the mom said yeah that’s now these Caramel something or other. Not in the usual Girl Scout box anymore either. The pessimist in me says some woke agenda made them lose the name Samoans. Still tasted every bit as good though.

The first sleeve of thin mints didn’t even survive the ride home. Very tragic.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
The quality has declined some. Even the Thin Mints don't seem to have the same flavor (or size!) that they used to have.

Sadly I agree. Another casualty of cutting corners and shrinkflation

quote:
My favorite is the Tagalongs, but I'll scarf a whole box of them in an afternoon

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:

One box? What did you do to piss her off this time?

Well, she knows I've got a serious problem with lemon Oreos so she didn't want me to over do it. Big Grin

Posts: 7520 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
My favorite is the Tagalongs, but I'll scarf a whole box of them in an afternoon

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

Bad for my midsection. Otherwise they are one of the finer things in life. Smile

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post