SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Schnauzer + Poodle = a pretty dang surprising dog.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Schnauzer + Poodle = a pretty dang surprising dog. Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
For the next week I have the unique opportunity to babysit Phoebe, a 2 year old Schnoodle or Schnauzer Poodle mix that we hope to breed with our Schnauzer.

She has a lean, long body like a Poodle but the ultra soft super/mega coat of a fancy miniature Schnauzer.

I thought my miniature Schnauzer Maverick was a Velcro dog! Whoa. Phoebe thinks she is a lap dog and is never more than a few inches away from me if not in my lap. This girl can jump like a Jack Russell Terrier! She jumped up in my lap while I was writing this post. Big Grin

At about 1/2-2/3 the size of a standard poodle she isn’t exactly a small girl.

Maverick has been a good sport about his new friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21115 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FLKev
posted Hide Post
HAHA The last pic of your mini Schnauzer looks like he is thinking "I don't like my new bitch" LOL We have a mini Schnauzer that has that look quite often too. They are really fun lil dogs with huge personalities.

"It's gon' be some slow singing -n- flower bringing............ if my burglar alarm starts ringing"

Posts: 582 | Location: GATORLAND | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FLKev
posted Hide Post
We named our mini Schnauzer "Tyson" We saw him the 1st time when the litter was ready to go to their new homes at 6wks old. He was the one that came straight to us, climbed my wifes leg and right up her arm and bite her on her ear. We both laughed and said well that settles it. He's the one for us out for this group and his name is TYSON

"It's gon' be some slow singing -n- flower bringing............ if my burglar alarm starts ringing"

Posts: 582 | Location: GATORLAND | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Funny, a coworker just got a Schnoodle last week.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15341 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
What a cutie pie!

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Have a mini schnauzer (dark grey /light grey) in my lap as i post this.... Actually dog sitting for a friend that is visiting family in another state..... for several days. He has already called 3 times to check on Bailey... another day or two before she will go home.. will miss the little girl... always welcome. ........................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2013 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
what a doll

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19193 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You need to breed with a cat - you'll get a kit-n-kaboodle!

Posts: 2773 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We had a wonderful male goldendoodle for 12 years. We miss him every day. I’ve been around all different types of something-doodles and they are all interesting. Sheppadoodles, Bernadoodles, Labradoodles, Aussiedoodles. Etc.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4227 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
My Goldendoodle is smart as can be and can be an absolute shithead when he puts his mind to it!
We love him to pieces and have spoiled him ROTTEN!
When he sees another human or dog, it’s obvious he doesn’t have an enemy in the world.
The only problem is, he knows all the commands.
It’s just his nature to decide whether he wants to obey them or not…again, our fault for spoiling him!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife got a Cavapoo in December. For a small dog I was really surprised at how much of a 'real dog' he is. Longer legs and solid - not prissy at all like I figured that combo would be. I always scoffed at all of the designer poodle crosses lately, but I have to say - every one I've come across have been great family dogs (at least a half dozen different varieties and well over two dozen individuals).

I never thought of a Schnoodle, but she's a good looking dog!

Edited to add - the only downside I've seen so far is the constant trips to the groomer. That wasn't something I expected (I've only had shorter haired dogs that shed), but the wife was ready for it. Finding a grooming appt is damn near impossible around here though.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1748 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
We have a six year old female Goldendoodle, and while we love her to death, she is stubborn as a mule.

She has a mind of her own and will ignore you completely if she doesn't want to do what you're asking.

We also have a miniature schnauzer and never thought about a Schnoodle.

Posts: 4987 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sreding:
Edited to add - the only downside I've seen so far is the constant trips to the groomer. That wasn't something I expected (I've only had shorter haired dogs that shed), but the wife was ready for it. Finding a grooming appt is damn near impossible around here though.

We groomed our Goldendoodle ourselves. Get a Oster A10, a set of Oster 10 piece cutter guides and a Lifetime table. An hour later, you have a big pile of hair on the floor and a happy doodle. We did it every 4-6 months for 12 years.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4227 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
So many breeds of dogs being crossed with Poodles. Leads me to believe that Poodles have no morals.Smile

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post