SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    davetruong will make you look amazing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

davetruong will make you look amazing Login/Join 
posted
This is a shameless plug and shoutout of Thanks! to David Truong. I started planning for this years anniversary and Christmas gift for my wife. David is the go to man for all things jewelry at my house (and he should be at yours too).
I knew what I wanted to get because he had provided the idea a few years earlier with an amazing set of earrings for our anniversary.
I contacted David and asked if he could make a ring to match the earrings. This was the only thing I know that she had said she wanted. Of course he said he could and got rolling on the project. The timeline was December so there was no hurry to get it done.
Being the typical husband, it dawned on me a week or so later that her birthday was a couple of weeks away. In a slight panic mode as to what to get her, I asked David if it would be possible to get the ring by the end of the month. He said he could make that happen and he did!!
The ring was shipped and received quickly. I was extremely surprised that the pictures he sent did not do justice to the actual ring. It was more amazing in person than in the photographs. The lighting of the shots he sent me did not begin to show the actual glitter and beauty of what I had received.
I shared the gift with my kids so they could be in on the surprise for their mother. My daughter asked if she could have the ring if mommy didn't like it. I assured her that her mother would love it but it would be hers one day.
Below is the photo I took on the iPhone in the truck with my daughter modeling the ring. My wife is also on board with me currently building an airplane in the garage. That is a running joke when we want to buy something frivolous.
"...but we have an airplane in the garage."
In all seriousness, if you are in the market for jewelry, contact David first. The quality, service and price cannot be beat. He is a major asset to this forum. Considering what we spend on guns, his service will make you look great in your spouse's eyes.

Untitled by Glen Williams, on Flickr

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
WOW! To hell with the airplane. With a ring like that you could be building a yacht in the back yard!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12782 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Beautiful ring! Almost as pretty as the one Dave made for my wife. If you are not already a customer of Dave's, you owe it to your family to upgrade your situation immediately.

Posts: 6490 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Those fingers do set off that ring very nicely. Nice looking ring.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19678 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Awesome. So, where is the photo of the airplane project?

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3763 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
Awesome. So, where is the photo of the airplane project?

As requested, here's the photo of how far along I am on the plane. Vans RV-14.

RV-14 empennage by Glen Williams, on Flickr

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post