SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any MG Pros? Midget 1500
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any MG Pros? Midget 1500 Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Have to agree the Miata would be a better choice, as far as fit, finish, quality, reliability.

I'd probably opt for the MGB over the Midget, remember you were a lot younger climbing out of the Midget in college LOL

Plus you can LS swap a Miata.

Link

Posts: 23432 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
A Miata was on my radar for a while, but clean NA & NB Miatas are getting tough to find & the clean ones have sellers thinking they're worth gold.

Tried to work a deal on a 2003 Shinsen Edition, but the seller never responded, and it was likely a bit overpriced at around 10k.

Might go look at the Midget this weekend if the schedule works out. At least see if I fit in it & if it's as clean as the seller is showing.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15309 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Look at the ready to drive price and the cost per mile, not just the purchase. Even if you can do all the work yourself, a 50+ year old British car is a handful.
A Miata is by far the best value in that car configuration. It is also up to much later safety spec's.
Unless being tied up and whipped is to your liking (in an automotive way), don't do it.

Posts: 9505 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
At least see if I fit in it & if it's as clean as the seller is showing.

And if you can still gracefully exit, can't be rolling out of it on the ground at the car show, not cool! Big Grin

Just funning with you, hopefully it's a good buy if you really want it...

Posts: 23432 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Just found out a neighbor has a MGB he wants to sell too.
Don't know anything about it other than it's a pastel yellow & semi buried in his garage.

Posts: 15309 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Be cool if it's an older model with the chrome/stainless grill and bumpers

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Look at the ready to drive price and the cost per mile, not just the purchase. Even if you can do all the work yourself, a 50+ year old British car is a handful.
A Miata is by far the best value in that car configuration. It is also up to much later safety spec's.
Unless being tied up and whipped is to your liking (in an automotive way), don't do it.

I get that side of it, and if I could find a clean NB2 for a reasonable price I'd probably jump on it.
I've long been a fan of the MGs, Triumphs & such. Got a few bits of brief seat time in Spitfire, TR6 & MGB (very brief).
Can't say I've ever seen a Midget in person.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
If you really have to have a British car, get a ‘68-72 MGB.
That will be pre jacked up and big bumpers and no air pump & smogs crap. Also should still have SU carbs, not Stromberg.
Preferably from the widow or ex-wife of a really good mechanic.

Posts: 9505 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
May try to get a look at the neighbor's car, just to see what it is & what he wants for it. But I'm assuming it needs more work than the Midget.