SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Indulging the wants you had as a child or young adult?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indulging the wants you had as a child or young adult? Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Valpo Fz:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:
Originally posted by Valpo Fz:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Ed, it's not a Nikon, but I have a Canon AE-1 that you can have if you want it.

Carl that would be awesome that was the other camera I dreamt of!

Sure thing, Ed. I'd like to see it get used. We'll arrange a time and place to meet.

You still have my contact info? Email me I think I lost your number a few years ago.

Ed, email sent.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Many years ago I was in a position of great poverty while I focused my efforts on education and service. I found myself almost obsessed with things I wanted but could not have for several years. To keep those things out of my mind, I made a list of them on paper and kept it in my night stand (which was a cardboard box on end.) That list totaled 50 things I wanted or wanted to do. When my circumstances changed and I was free to get and do those things, I broke out the list. It was remarkable how the trial of the time had matured my perspectives and most of those things were not interesting to me anymore. In fact they made me chuckle at myself. Smile

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
On my list:

I went to Los Angeles / Hollywood / Beverly Hills for a vacation
I went to NYC for a vacation.
I went to Europe for a vacation
I bought a Walther (interarms) PPK/S that I don't need and don't shoot. Wanting a PPK/S is more fun than actually having one.
I bought an unfired Python that remains unfired.
Dream of being a San Jose Police Officer washed out after a hospitalization which was no fault of my own.
Motorcycling never materialized and likely won't at this point
Same with longer distance snowmobiling, like in one of the National Parks in the winter.
I have my own car phone. Now known as a cell phone.
I have my own computer so I don't need to share the one at school Wink

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post