SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How to find lost Maui Jim Sunglasses
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to find lost Maui Jim Sunglasses Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted
I lost my 5 year old Maui Jim’s last week. I remember being at 2 outdoor restaurants and thought I left them on the table. I checked - nothing in lost/found. So, off to Costco we’re I have bought my last few pair. $70 later I have a new pair. By the way, the quality has dropped waaaaay down. No spring hinges on any of the pairs I tried on. Oh well, the counter guy gave me a $30 discount on a demo pair.

2 dats later, after combing the house numerous times, there they were - hidden behind a crock in our bedroom.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4238 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Pretty much the BEST way to find something you've lost is to purchase a replacement! I have had very good odds doing that (at least 9 out of 10 times)! LOL

Posts: 4600 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
Pretty much the BEST way to find something you've lost is to purchase a replacement! I have had very good odds doing that (at least 9 out of 10 times)! LOL

I find this method often works well. Big Grin

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16406 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
You paid $70 for Maui Jim’s at Costco?
Sounds like with the lower quality you speak of Maui Jim has a bargain basement line they sell to Costco and are not the same as the good ones.

Where are the Costco models made?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25437 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Moral of the story: If you don't want to lose your sunglasses, stay away from crack.

Posts: 107699 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Been there done that except in my case it was a pocket knife. Glad you found them.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1907 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Moral of the story: If you don't want to lose your sunglasses, stay away from crack.

Darn spell check, fixed - that’s crock, but you have a valid point.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4238 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Can even Costco sell Maui Jim for $70? Maybe they are not genuine?

Isn't the price range $160 to $220, with some even higher?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Going to have to check costco, bought my last pair(s) in La Jolla and they were no where near $70, that wouldn't get anything in that store LOL

Lost a pair that were left on the hood of the SUV.. Sucked, had to buy a second, first set never reappeared...

Posts: 23543 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used a Leatherman to help my very elderly neighbor fix his lawn mower and misplaced it. No good deed goes unpunished! Bought a new one. Two years later, while trimming the same neighbors bushes, there it was, lying on a retaining wall. Re-oiled it and good as new. Good deed revisited!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16116 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
That's painful. A few years ago I went on a beach vacation with my family. I didn't have sunglasses, so I figured I'm a responsible adult and I would splurge on a nice pair. I spent about $160 on a pair that I loved. That set ole Murphy in motion and the very next day I stupidly wore them into the ocean, caught a huge wave to the back of the head, and never saw them again.

I'm sure they would have turned up if I bought another pair, but I cut my losses and bought some cheapies to get me through.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3516 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
On a brighter note I recently sent my pair of Maui Jim’s back for repair of the nose bridge padding which had come loose. Instead they sent me a completely new pair.
Awesome customer service!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6332 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have a similar problem with tools.

quote:
2 dats later, after combing the house numerous times, there they were - hidden behind a crock in our bedroom.

I wish my luck was as good as yours. I lost a pair of MJs about five years ago. And I'm down to my last car key, which is "chipped."

Posts: 27983 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
On a brighter note I recently sent my pair of Maui Jim’s back for repair of the nose bridge padding which had come loose. Instead they sent me a completely new pair.
Awesome customer service!

That is their reputation.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm getting my first Maui Jim sunglasses Tuesday. Was going to get Costas but Eye center said they were have long lead time on glasses and there product was not as good as previous years.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
I dropped my good pair of Maui's and chipped the lenses (thin glass) So for $75 for the lenses they went ahead and replaced the pair completely! They usually charge an extra $65 for the frames. Unfortunately I think they are discontinuing the thin glass lenses.

FYI: I think the glasses they sell at Costco are the old models that their retailers don't sell. At least that is what the opticians where I bought mine told me.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I hate buying expensive sunglasses because I lose or damage them. A week ago, I was browsing the Maui Jim website and saw that they offer bifocal reader lenses. Since my vision has deteriorated slightly to the point that I can't tie fishing knots without glasses, I ordered a pair of Waterman glasses to use on the boat. They also come with a head strap. They were a little pricy so I hope I can hang onto these for a while.

Posts: 3232 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I had my maui jims on a strap. I think I swiveled them so they were on my back. As I sat into the drivers seat, i crunched them on the jamb and cracked one of the lens.

I bought a replacement. Then I learned I could sent it in for repair. So for another $80, i have a second pair.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19695 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I bought a pair at Costco a few weeks ago. Maui Jim Eh Brah sunglasses, sticker price $339, Costco price $95.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4030 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I lost my deposit bag once.

Many years ago I had my own business, and this was about 28 years ago. 5 Grand went a lot farther than 5 Grand today.

One day it was too late to make my daily deposit so I had to take it home with me.

It was all cash, about 5 Grand, and I was a bit concerned about a thief breaking in and stealing it. I hid it overnight.

The next day I couldn't find it. I looked for days then into weeks of not finding.

Finally I found it.

In the microwave oven.

I rarely used the microwave, so it was out of sight and out of mind, I guess.

I was so glad to hustle that deposit bag down to the bank, in a hurry.

By that time, enough time had gone by, and I had to scrape for awhile to make up for the lost (misplaced) deposit money.

When I found it it was like Bonus Money to me.

Posts: 11860 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post