SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Taquitos!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taquitos! Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted
I has some country style ribs which I really don't like.
So I tossed them in a crock pot with seasoning and cooked them to moosh.
After shredding the pork and combining the cheese, enchilada sauce and some peppers and spices,
I stuffed the corn tortilla shells and fried them.
They are AWESOME!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39770 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
They look pretty darn good! The only downside of living on this side of the country (and not in New Mexico which is "home") is the lack of availability of good red sauce. Not talking taco sauce or salsa, more like your enchilada sauce. All I can find is canned.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3302 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I LOVE to find real molé sauce.

Posts: 39770 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Dang, now I'm hungry. Nay, starving. Mexican sounds awesome tonight.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30435 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
Those look soooo good!

JP

Posts: 2054 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Looks good. Today I was visiting friends in south Louisiana and today we did a crawfish boil with 67 pounds of crawfish.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8671 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SC, those taquitos look AWESOME! And Normin, you're KILLING me with the mud bugs! All I can get here are frozen tails Frown

Posts: 1705 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Jealous... Looks yummy!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20846 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Damn ya’ll!! It’s 5:50 in the morning and I see this!! Awesome, but my English muffin is lackluster at best after this......... Confused

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Wow!! And guess what. The wife and I pulled country style ribs out of the freezer yesterday not sure what to do with them. Thanks SC those look fantastic! We both vowed not to grocery shop for the next week or so because the kitchen will be getting remodeled and we are trying to empty everything.
Going to be a interesting menu for awhile! Smile

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8539 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
They came out MUCH better than I had expected.
I found a recipe online and modified it a bit to what I thought it should be.
You'll need to soften the tortillas a bit in the microwave with a damp cloth to steam them soft.
Stuff and roll 4-5 then fry.

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
So it looks like you pan fired and not deep fried? Thinking I might throw these ribs on the smoker and treat them like a pork butt that I'm going to use for pulled pork but I'm guessing I'm going to have to braise them at some point during the process to keep them from drying out.
I think I'll brine them first to help with keeping them moist. You really got my juices flowing with this one SC thanks!!
Got a link to the original recipe?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8539 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Yeah, I LOVE to find real molé sauce.

Ahhhh, mole is a different animal altogether! The really good Mex restaurants take quite a while to make it, not something whipped together from a can.

I made a chicken chile mole a few years back that turned out quite well. Actually won 2nd place in a contest.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3302 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
So it looks like you pan fired and not deep fried? Thinking I might throw these ribs on the smoker and treat them like a pork butt that I'm going to use for pulled pork but I'm guessing I'm going to have to braise them at some point during the process to keep them from drying out.
I think I'll brine them first to help with keeping them moist. You really got my juices flowing with this one SC thanks!!

I try not to deep fry when I can.
Traditionally, they're pan friend and turned.
http://realfoodbydad.com/pulled-pork-taquitos/

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:

I try not to deep fry when I can.
Traditionally, they're pan friend and turned.
http://realfoodbydad.com/pulled-pork-taquitos/

Questions:

1) I prefer flour tortillas, any reason I couldn't substitute those and make mini Chimichangas with this recipe?

2) I have frozen pulled pork I can use to make this. It already has all of the seasonings listed in it. Did you use plain meat then add seasonings or did you use normal pulled pork and add more seasoning?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20846 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
I don't know how well flour fries.
I used traditional seasoning when I cooked it to moosh.
Then my part of the pork I used additional Southwestern seasonings.
My wife hates these so she has a plate of pulled pork.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Going to buy some Lumpia and try that. Filipino taquitos.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Mine, cheese, pulled pork plus some Mexican seasoning (McKormicks) onion/garlic powder, S&P.

Lumpia is delicious!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skins2881,

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Shaman
posted Hide Post
Christonnastick those look good!
Are those spring roll wrappers?

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Christonnastick those look good!
Are those spring roll wrappers?

Similar, they are paper thin rice based wraps for making Lumpia which is like a Philipino spring roll.

Wiki Link

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis