SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Minimalist Plate Carrier
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Minimalist Plate Carrier Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Here's what I ended up with:

AR500Armor Lightweight Level III+ fully coated multicurve 10x12 plates with trauma pad backers in an Ares Armament (now American Weapons Components) Derma plate carrier with Cobra buckle elastic cummerbund. I replaced the shoulder pads with HSGI WAS/WEE shoulder pads, which are more comfortable and lower-profile. Attached on the front is a Spiritus Systems Micro panel with 2x AR mags, 2x pistol mags, and a front covered portion with spare flashlight, gloves, and handcuffs. Below that is a HSGI M3T medical pouch with IFAK and 2x tourniquets, rigged up as a "dangler"/"abdominal pouch" with some ITW buckles.

The Micro panel is held on with two side release buckles and a velcro panel, and can be quickly removed for lighter weight while instructing at the range, like so:

The medical pouch is also held on with two side release buckles, and can be removed for use elsewhere, or for storage.

All of the components, except for the armor panels, were bought used, either through friends or on eBay. The plates were purchased during AR500Armor's July 4th sale.

I already wore it for several full days of training this week, and I think it will work very well for me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogueJSK,

Posts: 33048 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
T3gear.com

Trident Tactical excellent American made stuff, 50% off sale this weekend. Veteran owned and operated company.

Posts: 2837 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Bump.

I'm in need of a carrier for a competition requiring rope climbs, running and sled drags as well as shooting events. All while carrying the plate carrier and kit to include the carbine, handgun and ammo.

However, I also want it to be decent enough to put real plates in it in the future.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8367 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post