SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Didn't expect the USMC to support pride month
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Didn't expect the USMC to support pride month Login/Join 
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Well, it is called the Big Green Weenie.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4622 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Who cares?

Do they fight? That's what matters.

Not to win

Are you serious?

The United States Marine Corps doesn't "fight to win?" Or parts of it? Or what?

What evidence do you have to support this?

Posts: 5169 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
quote:
Who cares?

Not to win

Is that a jab at a political policy?

“Not to win”

Tell that to Medal of Honor recipient Lance Corporal Kyle Carpenter.

You can fuck off with that trolling statement, and that’s what it is, trolling.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12351 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who cares?

God cares

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who cares?

You know as well as I do that there's more to it than that. The minority has ruled again and by accepting it (who cares right?) it will just get worse from here.

Posts: 4131 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I was in the Marines from 1966-70, and we would never even think about jokingly calling another Marine a queer.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do rainbow bullets go "poof" when you fire them?

Posts: 17153 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Well those proclivities were OK in ancient Rome and the Legions and everything turned out OK there, right? But then they were screwing young boys and slaves so that's different. (TIC)

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m getting tired of the “who cares” crowd. It does matter. We will learn that lesson the hard way unfortunately.

The “as long they fight” crowd ignores the baggage that comes along with that sentiment. Ever minute of training and money that is spent on this nonsense, training sensitivity, etc is time and money that isn’t spent on chipping and painting. Or real training. Or materiel.

The armed forces have been the most color blind segment of our society for generations. Ask any vet. They don’t need to nor should they celebrate anything. It denigrates the mission. The mission is everything.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Think of all the money they will save not having to fund bathrooms, sleeping areas, etc. segregated by sex.

Posts: 6516 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
quote:
Who cares?

You know as well as I do that there's more to it than that. The minority has ruled again and by accepting it (who cares right?) it will just get worse from here.

There is only more to it if you make it that way.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Remember who the USMC has to recruit from. The kids today have been brainswashed into being gay friendly pandering. They won't want to have anything to do with any institution that doesn't appear woke.

Fixed it

In all seriousness, this is what happens when corporate HR departments, have more sway over the C-suites and clueless senior government employees attempt to adopt similar practices. I'm all for finding excuses to have fun company events but, its now gone overboard to outright pandering and overboard gratification.

I went aboard a Navy ship during Fleet Week last year, taped to the door of the yeoman's compartment and the entrance to the mess deck, was a calendar of 'events' for the ship's company. Navy's Birthday, Indigenous People's Day, Halloween, Vegetarian Day, Coming-Out-Day, Bosses Day, Black Poetry Day, etc... How about, focusing on your ratings/ranks and making sure your space is wired-tight...

Posts: 14699 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I’m getting tired of the “who cares” crowd. It does matter. We will learn that lesson the hard way unfortunately.

The “as long they fight” crowd ignores the baggage that comes along with that sentiment. Ever minute of training and money that is spent on this nonsense, training sensitivity, etc is time and money that isn’t spent on chipping and painting. Or real training. Or materiel.

The armed forces have been the most color blind segment of our society for generations. Ask any vet. They don’t need to nor should they celebrate anything. It denigrates the mission. The mission is everything.

I agree, and I bet you think I wouldn't.

"Who cares?" Take it to the logical conculsion - gay people can serve just fine, and be fine Marines. I agree that the celebrations are out of place. Just as we don't celebrate Marines who like redheads, or Marines who prefer coffee to tea, we don't need this celebration. Just let them serve, and stop complaining about gay people in the military. That is what I don't care about - but that doesn't mean I think this celebration makes sense.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Remember who the USMC has to recruit from. The kids today have been brainswashed into being gay friendly. They won't want to have anything to do with any institution that doesn't appear woke.

Wait - you think that kids considering signing up for six weeks at Parris Island are all that worried about wokeness? I would wager that prospective Marines are about the least woke 18 year olds in the U.S. Think about what you say.

They probably don't share all the prejudices older people have, but they are hardly woke.

posted Hide Post
Most young recruits do not consider the wokeness when signing up and reporting for Basic Training, whether it is for the Marines, Army, Navy etc..

Fast forward.. When it comes to retention they do.

Within the last three years I have met so many men and women from the Marines, NG and Army Reserve who are leaving after their first hitch. These individuals range from 22-26 and are mechanics, infantry, intel, etc...

Heck, there are individuals in my unit who live an alternative life style and are getting out because of all the wokeness.

I get sick of it.. It wasn't this way when I started in 1992.

Most people join the military to learn something, train, shoot guns, etc... Not listening to power point for hours on end, regarding Pride, trannies, and how their way of life is fine but if you are a conservative, or have traditional family values--- Its wrong..

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
Most young recruits do not consider the wokeness when signing up and reporting for Basic Training, whether it is for the Marines, Army, Navy etc..

Fast forward.. When it comes to retention they do.

Within the last three years I have met so many men and women from the Marines, NG and Army Reserve who are leaving after their first hitch. These individuals range from 22-26 and are mechanics, infantry, intel, etc...

Heck, there are individuals in my unit who live an alternative life style and are getting out because of all the wokeness.

I get sick of it.. It wasn't this way when I started in 1992.

Most people join the military to learn something, train, shoot guns, etc... Not listening to power point for hours on end, regarding Pride, trannies, and how their way of life is fine but if you are a conservative, or have traditional family values--- Its wrong..

I can see that, but the poster I quoted hypothesized that recruits were seeking wokeness - just the opposite of what you say.

And what you say supports my view that you simply have gay soldiers without making a big stink out of it, one way or the other.

posted Hide Post
I have served with quite a few individuals both in LE and the military that were awesome. (Everyone of them were women)

(Heck, I did not even know what their sexual orientation was until years later.)

Two weeks ago, is/was the first time that I ever heard individuals who lived an alternative lifestyle sitting around talking about their exploits, lovers, etc..

The ones I met are very professional, loves to shoot, run and gun along with blowing things up. They keep their private lives private.

Like many of us have said on other topics, this one is no different:
There are always that handful that ruin it for others, or wants all the attention.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Don't ask, don't tell was a perfect solution for the military. I do think the celebratory nature of these woke concepts are distracting. Kids volunteering for 13 weeks of intense training are looking to be challenged and desire to emerge as better, stronger individuals. I doubt they are particularly 'woke', but I also doubt they want to be thought of as unfair or parochial.

Posts: 1977 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salty Dawg
posted Hide Post
I've had enough of Pride Month for this year. Somebody wake me up when Gluttony Month or Lust Month gets here.

Posts: 696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
In my particular element of the British Army, and working within the constraints of certain caveats involving operations between the US, UK and Canada and Australia, we were vetted to an extraordinarily stringent level of examination into just about every aspect of our lives.

To fail this level of vetting because you might be susceptible to blackmail or coercion because of your sexual proclivities meant that the slightest hint of anything of that nature would bring the whole process crashing to a halt.

I never met one such haltee, who was a captain, but what I do know that he was a transferee trying to get into my part of the Army. Not only did it never happen, but he was required to resign his commission as a result.

Things sure were made very difficult for poofters in the British Army at that time - the late 90's.

Now we are supposed to embrace sexual diversity in all its guises.

Not me, Sir

I'm old-fashioned to the point of being downright forceful to people trying to make me see their point of view.

Get off MY lawn.

Posts: 11340 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post