SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Didn't expect the USMC to support pride month
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Didn't expect the USMC to support pride month Login/Join 
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted
But I was wrong, I still prefer don't ask don't tell myself. Honestly as an Air Force vet I'd expect it from them but this surprised me.

USMC

Posts: 4153 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Why should anyone be surprised, considering the regime in charge.

Every little group has their special day, week or month. Might as well celebrate the whole damn year. Here's a thought. How about going about your daily life as a freaking person. A person.

Q

Posts: 26712 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
It's unfortunate.

Posts: 1989 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
This is the folks at the top of the food chain there, essentially politicians.
Nothing surprising really.

Posts: 9621 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
My grunt buddies always joked that the Infantry was about the closest thing to being gay as you could get. Every joke, prank, living conditions, sayings etc etc was pretty homoerotic to the extreme.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3454 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
My grunt buddies always joked that the Infantry was about the closest thing to being gay as you could get. Every joke, prank, living conditions, sayings etc etc was pretty homoerotic to the extreme.

When I was in the Army, I never heard anything about Infantry being gay, but I heard it a lot about the Navy.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I was in the Army, I never heard anything about Infantry being gay, but I heard it a lot about the Navy.

That's because there's such a misunderstanding about how the Navy works. If you're in Aviation or Subs, you never engage in that behavior. But if you're Surface Navy, "It ain't gay if you're underway."

(Yes, I am just kidding.)

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2547 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Not surprised a bit.

0:01

Posts: 4229 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7132 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Hasn’t been my Corps for quite a while.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Who cares?

Do they fight? That's what matters.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53135 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Remember who the USMC has to recruit from. The kids today have been brainswashed into being gay friendly. They won't want to have anything to do with any institution that doesn't appear woke.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am surprised it took this long
The Army has turned celebrating any every little thing to an art form

Then they turn that into a power point and make it mandatory training.

I swear I should have joined the peace corp
or habitat for humanity. Then at least I would be able to build something.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:

quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Remember who the USMC has to recruit from. The kids today have been brainswashed into being gay friendly. They won't want to have anything to do with any institution that doesn't appear woke.

All of the above are blatantly true.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12366 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Rainbow bullets kill with pride.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29778 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Rainbow bullets kill with pride.

They sub-lethally hurt my feelings.

Posts: 15944 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
As a former SNCO I don't remember serving with a male Marine that I even thought might be gay.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Oh…it’s the WOKE thing to do. GMAFB… Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is a very different world these days...

Posts: 13695 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Who cares?

Not to win

Posts: 53342 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post