SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Little Dickie Engel's wet dream: Serbians turning in their guns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Little Dickie Engel's wet dream: Serbians turning in their guns Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
NBC's Today show featured a story on "two extremely rare mass shootings in Serbia" that the outlet claimed caused many Serbians to give up their guns and accept tighter gun restrictions.

Oh, yeah, that'll fix things. Wink The psychos who spurred this foolishness- do you think they would have turned in their guns? Do you think Serbian criminals are turning in their guns?
quote:
"There is outrage every time there was one of these shootings in the United States, every time. But very little is done about it," Engel said of Americans on shootings.
Yeah, Dickie, you're damn right about that. The things which need to be done are not being done. That is true. Enforcing existing gun laws, Convicting violent offenders, sentencing them to lengthy terms of imprisonment and keeping them incarcerated for the entirety of their sentence, with no parole, institutionalizing the mentally ill instead of giving them free heroin and letting them shit on the sidewalks and harass pedestrians and business owners- stuff like that- it's not getting done.

Here- I tell ya what, Dickie- if the Second Amendment gives you such a rash, you come on and take my guns. YOU, Dickie. YOU, personally. You fuckin' come and get 'em, you anti-American, Constitution-ignoring sack of leftist shit.

This ain't Eastern Europe, bitch, and Americans- TRUE Americans- do not surrender their firepower.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107680 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
If that story wasn't the most nauseating I've heard today .... Frown

Posts: 22930 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I saw that story this morning. What a way to f**k up the start of your day.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
All lies, smoke, and mirrors. I’ll remind Dickie that of the more than 50 million AR platforms in American hands today (probably WAY more at this point, and doesn’t include the myriad of other scary gun platforms), only a paltry few are used in any crime at all. And not by law abiding, mentally sound people. The elite are afraid, and for good reason.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15611 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Like all of Europe, Serbia is an ancient culture that existed long before the invention of firearms. As a result the culture is not rooted in and was not founded with firearms, unlike America.

Also unlike America, Serbia and other nations of the world do not have a Constitution which states the government will not interfere with citizen's rights to possess and use firearms (though in the last century, the US government has been chipping away at this guarantee).

Therefore, you cannot compare what happens in other countries with respect to the possession of firearms, with the United States, and because this nation was founded by inhabitants who necessarily possessed firearms, the attitude of Americans will always be different than that of European nations. Not only were firearms necessary for our revolution, the westward expansion of this nation would not have been possible had Americans not been armed.

All of this adds up to telling Engel and other Constitution-ignoring, gun-grabbing leftist filth to blow it out their collective ass.

You want 'em? Then you fucking come get them. Not the police, not the feds, not the army. You, personally, you and your kind. Come on and try it.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
It is quite a simple solution Engel; since you love the Serbian solution so much, move the fuck to Serbia. Problem solved.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16718 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Typical leftist.

Yes, IF criminals turn in their guns then crime will go down.

IF honest people turn in their guns, then there will be MORE crime as only criminals will have guns and honest people can't protect themselves.

Posts: 232 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yup, come and take them, you gun grabbing maggots.

Q

Posts: 26440 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
It is quite a simple solution Engel; since you love the Serbian solution so much, move the fuck to Serbia. Problem solved.

Maybe he should research the ratio of Serbs leaving the country vs. other nations citizens migrating to Serbia. And then ask the reasons they did so.

Hasn’t been that many years in the grand scheme of things that Serbia was under Communist rule.

On my fathers side I’m Serbian, second generation born here, grandparents came to America a couple of years before WWI.

From what I was told post WWII the husband of my late aunt went back to “the old country” as my uncles and aunts called it entertaining the idea of moving back home. Well, his visit was cut short by the authorities, seems he was constantly comparing America to Yugoslavia.

Things like how much was food and merchandise in the stores in America, much more freedom, wages, how he could speak his mind without worry.

Anyhow, he was called to some office and it was “suggested” to him that he should consider returning to America as soon as possible and Yugoslavia might not be the best place for him to spend his time.

Never heard any of the family wanting to visit there while I was growing up, wonder why?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8114 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Americans are free to voluntarily give up their guns anytime they want. Wonder why none of them do. How can you and the other traitors change our minds or force us into it you evil vulture media tyrant?

Cool story Engel. Move to Serbia if you love it so much. Marry it. And as the English say, Fuck off.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6977 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
So the logic seems to be that some number of innocent people are the victims of a multiple murder, so therefore the tool must be banned.

Ok then. The number of people killed in "mass shootings" in the USA is about 50 per year.

The number of people murdered by governments is in the hundreds of millions per century, which is millions per year on average.

Seems to me the obvious answer is to disarm governments.

Posts: 9467 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Do you know how far a 300 Weatherby magnuim will shoot? Well then, don't come any closer! Big Grin

DC has turned into a 12 to 14 year olds shooting it out.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/...etting-shot/3354876/

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those people have a short memory.

When the next Serbian war comes it will be not good for them.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Yes NBC, great example, because we want the United States to be JUST like Serbia.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37991 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Here ya go. Perfect example of those in authority doing nothing, and blaming guns as the problem.

The mayor is just as disgusting as the shooter.

Random murder of pregnant Seattle restaurant owner leaves community on edge
quote:
Cordell Maurice Goosby, 30, who has a history of mental health issues, has been charged with first-degree murder for the death of Eina Kwon, 34, and first-degree attempted murder for injuring her 37-year-old husband, Sung Kwon, according to prosecutors.
Why was this guy on the street?
quote:
Seattle Mayor Bruce Harrell issued a statement offering condolences to the family and blaming guns for the cold-blooded killing.

"What was supposed to be a joyful time for the Kwon family has turned into an unimaginable nightmare caused by senseless gun violence," he said. "This tragedy is the result of the fact that there are too many guns on our streets, in this city and in this country, that allow individuals to make split-second decisions that can have devastating consequences."
A gun did not kill this woman. Cordell Goolsby killed this woman, and until the dishonest leftist criminal apologists start locking up these psychos, this will keep happening and the pace of it will accelerate.

I carry not one, but two pistols each time I leave my house, and I have never whipped out one of them and murdered someone, merely because I had firearms on my person, and this fucking leftist reptile who is blaming firearms for this woman's murder knows that guns don't kill people, and he knows that law-abiding citizens do not randomly murder people, whether with firearms or by any other means.

The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I bet the thugs and gangs in Serbia are licking their chops. So many more unarmed Serbs to exploit.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
It doesn't seem that Serbs are all that willing to give up their guns:

The government has reported that since it declared an amnesty in early May on illegal possession for gun owners who turn in their weapons, it has collected more than 50,000 guns and explosive devices, less than two percent of the estimated total number of firearms in private hands.

Nebojsa Pantelic, a member of the security team that was guarding the Serbian prime minister Zoran Djindjic when he was assassinated by a sniper outside his Belgrade office in 2003, said the people in his village were unlikely to be swayed by the amnesty offer.

“Everyone here has guns but nobody is giving them up,” he said. Many of the weapons are old family heirlooms and ancient hunting rifles.

Precise figures on how many guns, both legal and illegal, there are in Serbia are hard to come by. The government releases only patchy numbers. A 2018 report by the Small Arms Survey, a Geneva-based group, put the total number of guns in civilian hands in Serbia at 2.7 million and placed the country in third place for per capita gun ownership, along with Montenegro, another former part of Yugoslavia. They were behind only the United States and Yemen, a country at war.

Whatever the actual figure, Serbia has a relatively low murder rate, ranking alongside Sweden, though a series of gruesome murders by organized crime groups have given the country an unsavory reputation for extreme violence.

The above from an article in the New York times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/0...ngs-gun-control.html

Posts: 6629 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post