SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UPDATE. My Email has been down since last Friday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPDATE. My Email has been down since last Friday Login/Join 
I'm No Quitter
posted
Nothing coming into the Email
and nothing going out .. When I try to answer the emails i already had.

Sorry all.
I am working on it

Donna

Early this evening ... my email started working again!

Thanks to all.
No way to know why it happened .. just glad to have it back working Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MississippiGal,

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I've used Fastmail since 2001. It's an Australian-based company. In all that time, only a few very brief outages. I use the POP3 protocol for downloads to my laptop (they also support IMAP). For my iPhone, I use Fastmail's excellent web interface – almost like a mail app. Superb spam filtering.

I have the $20/year option, but there's a free option too.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9078 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
You are not alone: [Services] Can't access bellsouth.net email or reset password - iPhone OK and AT&T e-mail problems - failed delivery - who do I contact!

There are other scattered reports.

I'd respectfully suggest that, once you get it back, if you get it back, you begin to take measures to move elsewhere. "BellSouth" is bound to disappear eventually. It no longer exists as a separate entity, and has not, for... wow, 11 years, already?!?! Hard to believe it's been that long.

Secondly: There is, or was, some kind of relationship spawned in the depths of hell between the thing that calls itself "at&t" (which is who acquired BellSouth) and Yahoo! I believe that relationship either has been, or is in the process of being, terminated. Not-to-mention the fact that Y! is in seriously troubled financial straights.

We have had a saying in the I.T./Networking/Email industries ever since I can remember: "Free email is worth what you pay for it." If you truly value your email, research reviews on legitimate pay-for email providers and move. If you don't want to pay for it, my recommendation is the least offensive freemail provider is probably gmail. At least as of today.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
Yippee. Back working
See update in first post

Donna

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
Mine went down late Friday afternoon but came back up about 4pm today. It worked fine on my Mac, but my iPhone (Verizon) and iPad (ATT) were both tits up for ~48 hours. I have a sbcglobal (southern bell) e-mail addy.

Must have something to do with iOS & southern bell

Posts: 1481 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
ATT's been down for my wife's e-mail for five days. She and I are pissed.

Posts: 4514 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Dang - I just ordered a bazillion P210s.....

Welcome back.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12469 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post