SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So the ‘Rona, The Election Fiasco, No Ammo, Etc. Etc. How About We Take a Breath And Focus On Something Good
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So the ‘Rona, The Election Fiasco, No Ammo, Etc. Etc. How About We Take a Breath And Focus On Something Good Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I'll just say that I'm happy for what I have.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8107 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
I'll just say that I'm happy for what I have.

This. I have a beautiful family and a roof over our heads. Despite losing my job when rona started I’m at least employed again (if not severely underemployed). Here’s to 2021 being a much better year.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I'm on vacation right now. While I wanted to go to Pearl Harbor this week and decided it wasn't the best idea right now, I had saved up enough to buy a new P226 instead.

It isn't what happens when as much as how well you can make the most of it.

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
This is an easy one..

Two days ago we welcomed our first grandchild into this world and she already has her Dad wrapped around her little finger.
Our daughter has asked that we keep pictures off the www so I won’t be posting pictures but rest assured that she is the cutest little bundle of joy that we’ve ever seen!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6319 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
- Thankfully, my family are all still virus-free (so far).
- Wife and I are both “essential workers” so we’ve kept working throughout all of this.
- Moved to a new facility at work; I ended up with a private office. Well paid, stable employment, great co-workers and chain-of-command.
- 3rd grandchild born in February. Grandkids are the best!!
- Celebrated 33rd Wedding Anniversary with the love of my life. My wife rocks!
- Moved to a new home in a great neighborhood only 3.3 miles from the grandkids in March.
- Transformed the backyard of our new home.
- Sold our previous home quickly at a profit just as the virus triggered the lockdowns and such.
- Was finally able to send my Dad’s EDC SP-101 .357 snub to Gemini Customs for some work; received it back and it is AWESOME! Dad would be pleased, as I am.
- Member of this great forum; so I have a safe, sane place to share stuff like this with an extended family of patriotic citizens who share my world view and appreciate our cherished freedoms!
- Was honored and humbled to be selected in 12131’s Veteran’s Day karma to receive a beautiful 1989 P228. It’s a beautiful gun. Q is such a generous man!
- Proud to live in the greatest country in the world (despite things being a “shit show” right now...)
- Most importantly — my family loves me and my God loves me; life is pretty darn good overall!

All who have been, are now, or will be affected by COVID-19 and/or its collateral damage are in my prayers...

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Was going to post this separately but it fits here.

We volunteered for the local angel tree org Friday, the boys is old enough now to learn about giving back.

But I am posting not about us....

The great part was for 4 hours it was non-stop drop offs....they filled 3 30' trucks that day and many "gift bags" were packed with clothes....toys....car seats.....microwaves! Many people had at least 2 angels..some 4 or 5.

Probably 200 bags for "forgotten angels" those that someone did not pick...

Hundreds ...maybe a 1000 happy kids on Christmas morning! And that was just one location.

I can't say enough how awesome Angel tree and Toys for tots are....if you donate please do so.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post