SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    wood working - making a Charcuterie Board
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

wood working - making a Charcuterie Board Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
ok I am posting this because I thought the video was cool

(the video shows the final steps in sanding and polishing)

I never heard of a Charcuterie Board before. Am not a woodworker so some of these tools look really fancy to me. And don't be distracted by the young lady.

I fast forwarded thru a lot because it is a bit slow moving and repetitious.

At the end, the finished product:

Posts: 19494 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Nice. But wouldn’t those be char-shoot-erie boards…? I’ll see myself out.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I took one charcuterie making class a few years ago. Given the potential for ugly contamination, our instructor advised using non porous material only. I ain't no expert on the subject. YMMV.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9847 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
Nice. But wouldn’t those be char-shoot-erie boards…? I’ll see myself out.

As well you should. :-)

Posts: 1949 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
I took one charcuterie making class a few years ago. Given the potential for ugly contamination, our instructor advised using non porous material only. I ain't no expert on the subject. YMMV.

You’ve never gotten a cheese board or charcuterie platter out at a restaurant? They come on a cutting board type platter all the time, you can clean them just fine.

What’s up with all the YT videos with women in super tight outfits or tiny bikinis doing everyday work? Not that I’m complaining, it’s just interesting to note. Something to draw clicks?

I was trying to look up something lawn care related recently and the woman demonstrating it was very good but she’s in this almost non-existent bikini for some reason Big Grin

Posts: 33572 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
What’s up with all the YT videos with women in super tight outfits or tiny bikinis doing everyday work? Not that I’m complaining, it’s just interesting to note. Something to draw clicks?

I was trying to look up something lawn care related recently and the woman demonstrating it was very good but she’s in this almost non-existent bikini for some reason

I didn't see any "bikini's" in the above video. Frown
They were outside in summer and while the girls are nice looking dressed in normal attire for outdoors, IMO.
Now if there were bikinis - I wouldn't complain either. Smile

Posts: 22843 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
You’ve never gotten a cheese board or charcuterie platter out at a restaurant? They come on a cutting board type platter all the time, you can clean them just fine.

Reviewed my notes; my concern was misplaced, as warning was relating to the making/crafting/fabrication phase of charcuterie. Concern was high enough that ice as part of the process to insure low temps during mixing raw chicken flesh was emphasized to minimize a bad outcome.

Bon appétit

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9847 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post