SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How to get your ad deleted from Classifieds in a New York Minute
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to get your ad deleted from Classifieds in a New York Minute Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I learned through the years of lurking and then joining that behaving as an adult on this Forum, keeps one out of trouble and keeps the issuance and/or the need to learn a lot of rules. The amazing thing to me is when guidance is given some one invariably will want to argue......

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1526 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Similar is the, "Final price drop and then it's going back in the safe" meme.

By the way saying "meme" is annoying too.

Oops...

I agree, "meme" should be a trigger word. Big Grin

Come now. How many pages is the cat thread these days? It's chock full of memes.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
not trying to be a smart ass but what is a new york minute? I have never heard of that term. I guess I need to get out more.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
"Taking the deal away" is not a way to do business with friends. It's a way to high-pressure close people you don't care about. I think this is a good change. Thank you, Para.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I know that eyes will roll, even mine, Roll Eyes , but my frontal lobe explodes when the items (s) in an ad are sold and the thread title is not edited to show this. I just see it as a little consideration.
The amazing thing is that most of the time it is long time members who only use the classifieds and nothing else.
newer members are quick to edit once a note is placed in their ad asking them to do so.

I know I walk on thin ice when I post a request to edit the thread title and I thank you, Para, for cutting me slack.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm getting old so sometimes statements take a little while to process. I can't honestly say that I haven't used this or a variation not as a threat but rather to simply give fence-sitters a heads up that the item is about to become either unavailable or more widely available. On many forums, it is quite common for potential buyers to hold off making a deal while they wait for price drop bumping. I appreciate the clarification, and will be more cognizant of using language like this here and or in other forums I frequent. Thank you, Para, and others for voicing their sentiment on the issue.

Posts: 31 | Location: Katy, TX | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DallasSTB:
I'm getting old so sometimes statements take a little while to process. I can't honestly say that I haven't used this or a variation not as a threat but rather to simply give fence-sitters a heads up that the item is about to become either unavailable or more widely available. On many forums, it is quite common for potential buyers to hold off making a deal while they wait for price drop bumping. I appreciate the clarification, and will be more cognizant of using language like this here and or in other forums I frequent. Thank you, Para, and others for voicing their sentiment on the issue.

Well put. That is where I was coming from as well. Didn't mean to offend.

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Question Para, if we fail to sell an item here and want to try our hands elsewhere should we just edit it out of thread and ask for it to be deleted? Or if it's a few pages back should we just leave it up? Thanks

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ya'....I'm getting old too....a valued contribution- thanks.

Posts: 203 | Location: Michigan | Registered: February 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
BTTT

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarioG:
quote:

Well put. That is where I was coming from as well. Didn't mean to offend.

I don't make policy here, but it seems to me that all one needs to do is add a deadline. 'This offer will be withdrawn on X date' That would satisfy forum directives as I understand them.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No, I don't care when you plan to 'withdraw' your ad. Putting a timer on it is essentially the same thing as threatening to take it to Gunbroker. We're just not interested in that stuff. Sell it here, or don't sell it here. That's all.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
That makes sense.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
It's not often that you see anything priced fairly, that doesn't sell here in a day or two. Add to that, no fees are charged and you will be dealing with an honest group of buyers and sellers.
Hard to find that elsewhere.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No threats, warnings, heads-ups, etc. are required. If the ad is up with a posted price it's for sale. If your price is too high, it will sit or you might get some offers. If it's no longer for sale, mark it closed or sold. Not that complicated.

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
new york minute
http://www.urbandictionary.com...=New%20York%20Minute

Definition 2 is pretty damn funny

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just a reminder that no one around here gives a Goddamn if you decide to sell your precious stuff on Gunbroker. We don't want to hear about it and I promise you that when you pull this shit, you are jeopardizing your posting rights in this forum.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Para, thank you once again for this privelage!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
Bump, just because it should be.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2273 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post