SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How to get your ad deleted from Classifieds in a New York Minute
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to get your ad deleted from Classifieds in a New York Minute Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I never understood this.

Or "One more bump and then it's going back in the safe".

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Question Para, if we fail to sell an item here and want to try our hands elsewhere should we just edit it out of thread and ask for it to be deleted? Or if it's a few pages back should we just leave it up? Thanks

I'm not Para but I'll take a shot at it.

You're not allowed to have it listed here and anywhere else simultaneously, so, if it's no longer for sale here I would edit the OP as follows:

I'd change the subject to simply "Withdrawn"

I'd replace all of the content of the OP to "Withdrawn".

That would effectively remove the advert and would not bump the thread.

That's what I'd do, anyway.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I'd like to place a WTB thread in the Classified ... for a good hand plane. A Lie-Nielsen #102 is my grail, but at $115 new, there are probably very few used ones about.

Stanley #102, No. 9 ½, or No. 60 ½ are all runner-ups. Not sure how a model number got the "half" designation.

I like the classifieds. Reading them with the intent to buy something I do not HAVE to have is a healthy mindset. As I so rarely part with funds. Discretionary spending does not usually exist, so buying a new knife, or if the Gods permit, finding a nice ⅜" wood chisel and a set of sharpening stones along with a sharpening guide, would be positive indications. Hope for the future.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw that "Off to Gunbroker" in the Title and experience told me it wasn't going to end well.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
How to get your ad deleted from Classifieds in a New York Minute

Thanks. I specifically did NOT open the "Got a song stuck in my head" thread. Now I've got Don Henley and the Eagles stuck in my head. And I *like* the Eagles....

Wink Smile

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump cause I like it

Posts: 105 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post