SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Design Graduate Builds A Gun That Transforms Your Tears Into Bullets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Design Graduate Builds A Gun That Transforms Your Tears Into Bullets Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
I've been using liberal tears as lubrication for years, this takes it to whole new level! Big Grin

Design Graduate Builds A Gun That Transforms Your Tears Into Bullets

Growing up in strict social hierarchy can lead to real frustration.

The bottling of thoughts, biting one’s tongue regularly and having to uphold unquestionable respect is what inspired young designer Yi-Fei Chen to create the ‘Tear Gun’.

After years of suppressing emotions to avoid rudeness, Chen’s design is the literal expression of her internal struggle to speak her mind.

The ‘Tear Gun’ works by catching tears under the wearer’s eye with a silicon pocket. They are then funnelled into a steampunk-like brass system. A small bottle filled with dry ice fixed to the back of the pistol freezes the teardrops into solid bullets, ready to be fired into the face of authority.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3nVCBM8jsg

Read more about the ‘Tear Gun’ here:
https://www.dezeen.com/2016/11..._campaign=DesignTAXI

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
My God, a weapon for snowflakes

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Imagine the possibilities. We could cocoon all the sjw's and snowflakes and start harvesting their tears. Unlimited ammo...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Does it become an NFA item if you hook it to your nose during allergy season?

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
Does it become an NFA item if you hook it to your nose during allergy season?

Or a neti pot! Wink

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Not that he needs it anyway, but this would never work for Chuck Norris. He never cries.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That thing might be more lethal than you think!
Persistence of Ebola Virus in Ocular Fluid

Posts: 2540 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Could be the first firearm in history where the act of reloading makes it difficult to aim.

Someone clearly needs to educate her on trigger discipline

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

If the SHTF, I want this kid on my team.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43878 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Must have been a Hilary supporter.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Shit, that's a fargin' arnesel! LOCK 'EM UP!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

If the SHTF, I want this kid on my team.

That would feed an M134 Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10586 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
The song "Tears of a Clown" came to mind...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post