SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You Called the Police?’ Crazy and Progressive in Chicago These are the voters that Mayor Lori Lightfoot and Gov. J.B. Pritzker are courting.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You Called the Police?’ Crazy and Progressive in Chicago These are the voters that Mayor Lori Lightfoot and Gov. J.B. Pritzker are courting. Login/Join 
posted
Opinion piece from the WSJ

These are the voters that Mayor Lori Lightfoot and Gov. J.B. Pritzker are courting.

Your editorial “McDonald’s and the Crisis of Chicago” (Sept. 16) says that Chicagoans shouldn’t tolerate the city’s increasing crime rate and public disorder. This makes me think of a recent experience I had in my upscale neighborhood on the North Side of Chicago. Unprovoked and in broad daylight, a mentally-ill homeless man backed me against a wall and threatened to kill me. Later, I told a young neighbor about the interaction and recommended she keep her distance from the man. The police couldn’t detain him because of Covid-19 regulations.

Her response: “You called the police? I hope he’s OK.” Her empathy wasn’t with the law-abiding neighbor standing before her, whose life had been threatened. She is representative of the progressive voters Mayor Lori Lightfoot and Gov. J.B. Pritzker are courting. Don’t count on Chicago improving any time soon.

Rob Frisch

link; https://www.wsj.com/articles/c...r-11663605087?page=1
Chicago

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don’t count on Chicago improving any time soon.

Rob Frisch

Yes, Mr Frisch, I wouldn't count on it at all. It's going to get worse before it gets any better.
I'll tell you why Lil Robbie, who the fuck have you voted for? Living in your "upscale neighborhood on the North Side of Chicago", I got $50 saying there's a (D) at the end of their name.... Every single one... Daley, Emmanuel, Pritzker, Obama, Clinton, Raul, Foxx and the rest of their ilk. There's probably a "=" or a "Impeach" bumper sticker on your wife's Prius. Maybe even your high-end import too. Yeah, I know, "Orange Man bad!"... (But that's not important, what's important is who you're going to vote for next? It better not be another (D)!)

I'll also bet that you actually believed everyone when they cried "The POLICE are the PROBLEM!" as the vast majority of your neighbors did! I'd tell you to "Carry a gun" to protect your family and yourself, but you'd probably find that insulting and repulsive, and call COPA to get a complaint number against me, the Police, for saying something so foul and vile.
Yeah, you know the number, it's the same one you called when my co-workers and I arrested the crazy, homeless guy, and he didn't want to go to jail, so he decided to fight us. Remember when you called us "brutal"? Ahhh, I can hear the cries of "Somebody DO something!" now... But next time you shout it, shout if correctly: "Somebody ELSE do something!", because heaven forbid, it inconveniences YOU.

You never cared about any of the violence in the City a few years ago, because what the hell, it didn't effect you and your overpriced greystone in that "upscale neighborhood", but now... that insane amount of crime that was always NOT in your neighborhood, and on the South and West side, now bled into Downtown, the Gold Coast, Uptown, Lincoln Park and your ritzy 'hood. (Why, you ask? Because you're an easy, high-end target! So are your neighbors!)

Well, Lil Robbie, you get what you deserve. And remember, you too might be part of the problem in this liberal utopia known as Chicago.

By the way, Robbie, you owe a few people a serious, heart-felt apology! The few, the scant few here in Chicago that actually believe in things like Law and Order, the Truth, Conservative Values... the ones that are stuck here, behind enemy lines.

NOW, and only now, are SOME of these people waking the hell up because their house has been burglarized, they've had a gun stuck in their face and wallet or car taken.
Doing this shit for the past 27+ years, here, at Ground Zero... The South and West Side, going Downtown for a minute, then back to the South Side. You can tell the difference in people in about 5 seconds. Those who have seen this coming for years, and those who are recently getting bit in the ass by that crocodile as they wade in the river of DeNile.
More than a few times have I heard the "Oh, can you let them go with a stern warning?" "Society made them like that, it's not their fault they robbed/beat/shot/murdered me!"

I can go on, and on, and on...

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post