SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The renaming movement hits 20th Century Presidents bye bye Woodrow Wilson High School
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The renaming movement hits 20th Century Presidents bye bye Woodrow Wilson High School Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted
How long before they come after Teddy Roosevelt and Ronald Regan,

https://nypost.com/2021/11/28/...me-from-high-school/

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
You gotta keep up, man...

Theodore Roosevelt statue at Museum of Natural History to be moved to North Dakota

The announcement comes five months after the New York City Public Design Commission voted unanimously to relocate the bronze effigy of the nation’s 26th president amid claims that it symbolizes colonial subjugation and racial discrimination.

The library agreed that the “statue is problematic in its composition. Moreover, its current location denies passersby consent and context. Roll Eyes

https://nypost.com/2021/11/22/...ded-to-north-dakota/

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
A Republican lawmaker should hold a press conference in front of the school and say "Woodrow Wilson was a racist and a Democrat".

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is already way past Republican vs. Democrat.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
This is already way past Republican vs. Democrat.
Yep, and we're way past debate or negotiation. The standard position on this BS should be....'Nope, not gonna happen'. These morons need to be smacked down every time they emerge from under their rocks.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
In our area they've already renamed J.E.B. Stuart HS (to Justice HS) and George Mason HS (new name not yet decided), the latter after a referendum in which 80% voted to retain the name. Gone also is Thomas Jefferson Intermediate. The "Rebels" of Fairfax HS are now the "Lions" with no change to the name of the school itself (I'm pretty sure that Lord Fairfax ran his farm the same way as all the landed gentry of his day).

This revisionism also extends to roads, Lee Hwy. is no more, at least for part of it, and Rebel Run is now Lion Run (see above).

Posts: 6400 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Here in St. George the name Dixie State is going away. Seems anyone that puts Dixie State on a resume doesn't get hired.

Posts: 1341 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
The re-writing of all history is spelled out specifically in the marxist playbook. They keep pushing while the lines that blurred who was who are going away. There is a great migration moving away from the commie states into the free states. While it used to initially dilute this states, we are witnessing something different now. I think the amount of over reach will continue until there is a forcible decision for our country to move in one direction or the other as the two competing ideologies can not coexist. As Benjamin Franklin famously said, “where Liberty dwells, there is my country”. I am a Tennessean, and if my state doesn’t push back and take the power delegated by that pesky Constitution, then I will move to whatever state does.

They can try to cancel everybody and everything but I think even they know they’re inching closer to the line. The only good commies are dead commies. I’m off to watch some Reagan speeches and later practice some shooting.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
“Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.”
Orwell

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Let's see how they handle LBJ's legacy and the Kennedy's too.
How about Robert Byrd?

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well you first have to know who these people are. That is a struggle for some.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
I am a Tennessean, and if my state doesn’t push back and take the power delegated by that pesky Constitution, then I will move to whatever state does.

The day that Tennessee doesn't push back is the day there probably isn't any other free state to which you can move.

It's good that the radicals aren't that well educated. As soon as they figure out the connection "Volunteer > War of 1812 > Andrew Jackson", you Tennesseans will have to change a lot of signs and stationary.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Wasn't Wilson one of the first "progressives?" The left continues to eat its own.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
The re-writing of all history is spelled out specifically in the marxist playbook. They keep pushing while the lines that blurred who was who are going away. There is a great migration moving away from the commie states into the free states. While it used to initially dilute this states, we are witnessing something different now. I think the amount of over reach will continue until there is a forcible decision for our country to move in one direction or the other as the two competing ideologies can not coexist. As Benjamin Franklin famously said, “where Liberty dwells, there is my country”. I am a Tennessean, and if my state doesn’t push back and take the power delegated by that pesky Constitution, then I will move to whatever state does.

They can try to cancel everybody and everything but I think even they know they’re inching closer to the line. The only good commies are dead commies. I’m off to watch some Reagan speeches and later practice some shooting.
Perfect analogy and reasoning as to why I am not opposed in the least of this country splitting into a "United Freedom States of America" which upholds the Constitution and this Nation's history and God-fearing traditions and whatever else every other soy boy, D/E/I Director, multi-gendered idiot, Libtard, Democrap Progressive, et. al., care to create.

That's all I'm gonna say...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Kurt Schlichter books, in this reading order: Crisis; Split; Wildfire; Indian Country; People’s Republic; Collapse.

That’s not the publication sequence, but the chronological timeline for the events contained therein.

He’s already spelled it out as “prophecy”, that is coming true daily.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Teddy Roosevelt was the first "Progressive" too. Anti trust regulation, environmental conservation, etc. But he liked guns and hunted.

The fact is the "Progressive" movement in the early 20th century was based on racism, eugenics, the superiority of northern Europeans, and their responsibility to "manage" the lesser races (including southern European immigrants) with a technocratic bureaucracy of "experts".

And they really haven't changed much.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Wilson officially segregated Departments/workforces that previously weren't. We can also thank him for planting the seeds for Progressive crap programs and policies that have just grown bigger and bigger every decade since-- which the exhalted Camden Board of Education is perfectly OK with, but the whole "segregation" thing is the death knell of Wilson High. Context and time? Doesn't matter.

Side note, Camden couldn't be trusted with its own school board for a number of years-- the district was under state receivership-- and getting their graduation rate above the 50% range was seen as a major victory, but renaming a school is probably a much more attainable goal than reducing assaults on teachers, keeping pedophiles out of school security jobs, or graduating literate students, so hey... good on them.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Believe it or not, SanFran has a movement to recall three school board members.
School Board President Gabriela López and commissioners Alison Collins and Faauuga Moliga will face recall elections in February. Supporters of the recall say that the board spent too much time on social justice issues during the Covid-19 pandemic and not enough on ending one of the nation’s longest suspensions of in-person learning.

. . .

SFUSD attracted nationwide scrutiny when it pushed an initiative to remove the names of historic figures including George Washington, Abraham Lincoln and Sen. Feinstein from buildings for alleged ties to white supremacy and oppression, even as those campuses remained closed.

(Firewall likely)
By Christine Mai-Duc • Updated Nov. 27, 2021
https://www.wsj.com/articles/i...l-11638025202?page=1

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Can we please rename the Bill and Hillary Clinton Airport ?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
Believe it or not, SanFran has a movement to recall three school board members.
School Board President Gabriela López and commissioners Alison Collins and Faauuga Moliga will face recall elections in February. Supporters of the recall say that the board spent too much time on social justice issues during the Covid-19 pandemic and not enough on ending one of the nation’s longest suspensions of in-person learning.

. . .

SFUSD attracted nationwide scrutiny when it pushed an initiative to remove the names of historic figures including George Washington, Abraham Lincoln and Sen. Feinstein from buildings for alleged ties to white supremacy and oppression, even as those campuses remained closed.

In California it seems to be pretty easy to get the numbers of signatures (10%) to get something on the ballot, people will sign anything.

But something else to get it passed by the voters.

Posts: 1341 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post