Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new bike Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Sad, beautiful bike. I really like it and I am picky about bikes.
Glad you are doing better, hope you continue to heal.
I have not gotten mine out yet again this year.
I have been really busy.

Have been riding over 50 years.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stopped riding on the street much after I started shopping regularly at the new Walmart. I concluded that over 80% of Walmart shoppers couldn't safely operate a shopping cart - so I wasn't going to put any faith in their ability to safely operate an automobile.

Best wishes on your recovery.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the well wishes, much appreciated.

I do love riding, it's how I let off steam. I have just come to realize that driving ultra defensively doesn't mean squat when people just don't pay attention.

I am thinking the settlement on the bike should be straight forward. I am going to be more cautious on the medical part. Beginning to think my shoulder is messed up more than I thought. I am going back for an x-ray(ribs) in about a week. At that time I will have them check in to my shoulder more. I'm also swollen up like a fat pregnant lady. Hope that goes away soon.

I will see how they act, will lawyer up if they push me

Posts: 5366 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
after my rocket put me in the ICU for 6 days then another week in a room my wife told me ,,if I ever get anything with 2 wheels,, it better be a rototiller or sno blower!!!

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4588 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
Glad you are recovering. I hope everything heals well.

I had a 600 Ninja I flipped 4 times avoiding a wayward driver. The driver didn't even stop. It was a few years back in my younger days. My mom told me that if I ever ride that bike again she would kill me herself. I promised to never ride THAT bike again. I traded it in on a 750 Ninja. My mom was not thrilled but was very forgiving. I sold the 750 to finance a diamond ring purchase... Great decision but I miss riding. My youngest is about to turn 17. Next spring I will be buying a new bike... My wife will need to forgive me like my mom did. Smile

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Definitely a step up.

Definitely was. Glad you're OK and going back to four wheels.

35 years ago a lady backed out of her driveway and stopped in front of me, on a wet 30 MPH road. I had to detour into the weeds, dropped the bike, and the lady claims I was "trying to pass her". Plus she had no time. Had to drop off her nanny or some such.

Three bikes later, ending up with a straight-4 Honda 900 Custom, I finally sold everything off.

Maybe again someday, if I live near sparsely-traveled roads in a desert.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
when I say that it looks fast, I don't mean fast,fast , I mean G-Suit and oxygen fast.

and its pretty too.

before you start out , remember that there are 396,000 , 1st time drivers , graduating from high school drivers education , on the road , this time of years , and none of them has ever had to look for a motorcycle before.

please stay safe

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54751 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I'll echo the advice to talk to a lawyer. You can bet her insurance company will.

Posts: 26978 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
That severely sucks. I know how you feel.

Years ago I had a BMW RT. On the way to work one morning some idjit in a Dodge pickup left turned into me and I hit the deck. Lucky the pickup behind him didn't run me over. Bike was totaled. After finally getting the insurance company to pay for the bike, I got another Beemer (GS) I went on a ride in the country with the MUCH better half. Riding across a bridge between Bandera and Kerrville, some bubble head blonde in a Jeep trying to drive and text crossed the centerline headed straight toward us. Max brakes and engage the dual Fiams. She finally wakes from her coma and yanks the wheel and misses us by maybe a foot (max). About a month later I sold the bike and haven't ridden since. From time to time I get the itch to ride again. Then I see some of the stupid crap people do behind the wheel and I quickly forget it.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8354 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of this. I hope your heal up fast, and don't suffer any long term effects. I'm currently enjoying my Harley, but only ride it close to home and try to watch out for everyone. Reading all the stories on here stresses the importance of defensive riding.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10924 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
I'm currently enjoying my Harley, but only ride it close to home
Uh, you're doing it wrong. I read that most accidents happen within 25 miles of home.

Here's a safety tip: trailer it for at least 25 or 30 miles away from home, then unload it and start your ride. Much safer, per statistics. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30785 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
I read the first paragraph and then was admiring the great-looking sleek design of your bike in the picture below.

Then I read the rest. Yikes! Best wishes for speedy healing and a full recovery.

I did the same thing, WOW... I'm glad it was not worse than it was and recovery is quick. Good luck.

Posts: 3856 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is why my wife won't let me get a bike, ever. Too many people who just don't pay attention to anything else going on.
Hopefully a speedy recovery is in your future.

Posts: 2018 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Thank you for the well wishes, much appreciated.

I do love riding, it's how I let off steam. I have just come to realize that driving ultra defensively doesn't mean squat when people just don't pay attention.

I am thinking the settlement on the bike should be straight forward. I am going to be more cautious on the medical part. Beginning to think my shoulder is messed up more than I thought. I am going back for an x-ray(ribs) in about a week. At that time I will have them check in to my shoulder more. I'm also swollen up like a fat pregnant lady. Hope that goes away soon.

I will see how they act, will lawyer up if they push me

Don't sign off on anything before you talk to an motorcycle accident attorney. HER insurance carrier probably will try to get you a low ball figure settlement.

Medical injuries suffered by you in a MC/car crash can be long term.

Get the Police report and your medical papers in order and speak with an attorney skilled in motorcycle/car accidents.

Initial consultation is usually free.

And good luck.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Holy crap!

Don't let her off easy!

Get well soon. I'm really glad you're going to mend from this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
So glad you are well. Hate to hear you might be giving up on Motorcycling, but I surely understand.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post