SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking at CR-V's, Not Sure About The Turbo Engine....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking at CR-V's, Not Sure About The Turbo Engine.... Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
2018 Accord with 2.0T motor. It's terrific...I don't miss my Mercedes at all except the V8 rumble

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
We looked at the CR-V. My wife took an instant dislike and I agree. Seems clunky and not powerful with the 1.5 L engine and CVT.
Rented a RAV4: also disappointed.
The one small CUV I really liked driving was the Mazda CX-5; however I still prefer driving a sedan so bought the Accord 2.0.

Posts: 18078 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
We looked at the CR-V. My wife took an instant dislike and I agree. Seems clunky and not powerful with the 1.5 L engine and CVT.
Rented a RAV4: also disappointed.
The one small CUV I really liked driving was the Mazda CX-5; however I still prefer driving a sedan so bought the Accord 2.0.

Did you have it in "Eco" mode? With that enabled the engine seems sluggish I agree. With that turned off mine has plenty of pep... you won't win a drag race but it has pretty good pickup IMO.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I'd drive the Passport and the Ridgeline with the SOHC V6. Honda is dealing currently.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12643 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post